• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

I love Amazon's Marketplace..........

Yesfan70

I'm famous now bitches! vvvvv
Famous
I just scored on 15 CDs for under $18. All but one came from the same seller. I've bought many discs from him in the past, so he's become a reliable source. Most discs are jazz, but still a hell of a deal imo.

Me happy! :banana-dance: :banana-rock:

Sweet! Including shipping? I haven't found many (or any really) amazon used/resellers who will combine shipping on multiple items.

PaulyT said:
Sweet! Including shipping? I haven't found many (or any really) amazon used/resellers who will combine shipping on multiple items.
Oh they'll ship them all in one package - but still charge the standard rate per disc. That's pretty much how a lot of them manage to make any money at all. A huge number of discs that I've bought have been at $0.01 - plus shipping. A lot of them are from pawn shops etc where they buy their stock for $0.25 per disc (or so.) Their actual shipping costs (packaging plus postage) can be in the $1.75-$2.00 range. So if they get $3.49 for shipping, plus the $0.01 for the disc, they have a gross profit of $1.25 - $1.50 - or 5-6x what they paid for the product. If you're paying minimum wage and moving enough product you can make some money off it. And that's just for the $0.01 discs. They probably sell a lot in the $1.00 to $3.00 range as well. It all comes down to volume. So combining shipping (costs) is a non-starter since it's really where they make any money at all. And when they can bundle multiple sales into the same shipment ... (And by the way I am not being at all critical of Amazon sellers. I am happy they exist and more than happy to pay in this manner. As Yesfan says, it is still a heck of a deal.)

Years and years ago I remember thinking that the amazon marketplace was a distraction from the amazon brand. I suppose I found things maybe a little confusing, too. I go to amazon to buy from amazon. I don't go to amazon to buy from eBay. Anyway... Amazon definitely did the right thing in adding all those sellers. I quickly caught on and have scored numerous good deals in both music and otherwise.

That said... I have been burned a few times. For instance, I once ordered the dual disc version of some backstreet boys album only because I had chatted online with the guy who did the 5.1 channel surround mix and I wanted to hear it. But when the seller sent the regular stereo cd,... Welp... It went straight into the trash. Wasn't worth the effort to complain since I didn't pay very much. Plus, I figured that was just correcting a mistake I shouldn't have made in the first place.

JeffMackwood said:
PaulyT said:
Oh they'll ship them all in one package - but still charge the standard rate per disc. That's pretty much how a lot of them manage to make any money at all. A huge number of discs that I've bought have been at $0.01 - plus shipping. A lot of them are from pawn shops etc where they buy their stock for $0.25 per disc (or so.) Their actual shipping costs (packaging plus postage) can be in the $1.75-$2.00 range. So if they get $3.49 for shipping, plus the $0.01 for the disc, they have a gross profit of $1.25 - $1.50 - or 5-6x what they paid for the product. If you're paying minimum wage and moving enough product you can make some money off it. And that's just for the $0.01 discs. They probably sell a lot in the $1.00 to $3.00 range as well. It all comes down to volume. So combining shipping (costs) is a non-starter since it's really where they make any money at all. And when they can bundle multiple sales into the same shipment ... (And by the way I am not being at all critical of Amazon sellers. I am happy they exist and more than happy to pay in this manner. As Yesfan says, it is still a heck of a deal.)

Nope Pauly, as Jeff explained, that doesn't included shipping. I, in my stupidity, thought maybe (hoping??) the shipping would be just 3-4 bucks since 14 of the discs were from the same seller. After I did the math, it still comes out to less than $5 a disc. So, not the deal I was hoping but CDs for less than $5/ea isn't nothing, imo, to sneeze at either. As Jeff pointed out, "heck of a deal".

Back