• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

I may be little but...

Babs

Queen "B"
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBEyCr5AoIs[/youtube]

i found the music to not only be peaceful but inspiring as well!

I hate squirrels. Maybe its because I had to eat them when I was a kid. Maybe its because they are always trashing my bird feeder. Maybe its because they have peeled the bark off my Maple tree and most likely killed it. I know they help by planting trees and all that wonderful stuff, but I just don't care for them.

mcad64 said:
I hate squirrels. Maybe its because I had to eat them when I was a kid. Maybe its because they are always trashing my bird feeder. Maybe its because they have peeled the bark off my Maple tree and most likely killed it. I know they help by planting trees and all that wonderful stuff, but I just don't care for them.

I used to go squirrel hunting when I was younger, and eat them all the time. That is until I was cleaning one, and I realized when I got the skin and fur off, just how much they look like a rat. Havent touched one since.

That was pretty cool Babs, and thanks for sharing.

It completely baffles me how they plan, and set up cameras, and film something like this...

Botch said:
It completely baffles me how they plan, and set up cameras, and film something like this...
I thought the same thing. It's as if they knew ahead of time all of this was going to play out just like it did. Weird.

They can be road hazard and there are so many of them.

5hDaRGK.jpg

76039319_f5e81e4f93_z.jpg

DIYer said:
They can be road hazard and there are so many of them.

5hDaRGK.jpg

76039319_f5e81e4f93_z.jpg

Really???? View the beauty of the video again, then, re-think!

I do agree with mcad, they are total trouble makers! We have several that invade our space in our backyard, & the feeders. Sophia chases them constantly.

But the video was not intended to subject road kill! Sorry DIYer. My animal heart is kicking in.

Oh, the video, yeah, it's got "quality" written all over it. :eusa-clap:

For those who have consumed squirrels, do they taste like chicken or more like beef?

Zing said:
Botch said:
I thought the same thing. It's as if they knew ahead of time all of this was going to play out just like it did. Weird.

I'm assuming that everything other than the chase was staged and/or a compilation of lllllooooootttttssss of other footage. Squirrels aren't hard to catch and release to film and I'm betting most of us wouldn't be able to tell one form another. I'm certain that what we seeps the bird is spliced together shots from hours and hours of filming pieced together too look like a chase.

DIYer said:
Oh, the video, yeah, it's got "quality" written all over it. :eusa-clap:

For those who have consumed squirrels, do they taste like chicken or more like beef?

More like a greasy chicken, although if they live on the edge of a corn field, it's that bad. Will still eat rabbit in a heartbeat though, and that does taste like some very tender chicken.

Chicken is the cheapest, most plentiful food animal on the planet. Why would anyone go out of their way to eat something that "tastes like chicken"?

Towen7 said:
Chicken is the cheapest, most plentiful food animal on the planet.
Thanks to chicken farm industry. I heard that wild chickens are tougher to chew.
Why would anyone go out of their way to eat something that "tastes like chicken"?
For those who are tired of same ol taste maybe...? :confusion-scratchheadyellow:

Towen7 said:
Chicken is the cheapest, most plentiful food animal on the planet. Why would anyone go out of their way to eat something that "tastes like chicken"?

I guess when you are poor and have seven mouths to feed its still cheaper than buying something from a grocery store!!?? That or it was just a way for my father and I to have bonding time??

Towen7 said:

For one, it's not exactly like chicken, but it is close. Two, I was never a trophy hunter but loved being out with my friends hunting, and I always believed you should eat whatever you were hunting. No different than someone going fishing, instead of going to the store to buy the fish.

I have plenty too. I like having them around. It keeps the resident Red Tail with a full menu. I walked out the basement door a couple of days ago. I spooked the Hawk as it flew off to the nearest tree with a squirrel in it's talons. I was taking my dog out and the hawk was above me looking down and scowling me for interrupting its dinner.

Back