• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

I think my Oppo went belly up today

garypf

Sitting at home today with the wife, she was watching Netflix via the BDP-103 when all of a sudden the TV picture had the appearance of a videotape getting stuck in a VCR. Grainy color, then black and white, then fuzz, then nothing. The wife tried backing out of the program but no response. We turned the power off and the player reset itself.
Later today, I tried watching Netflix and noticed the sound kept cutting out. I turned off the player and re-entered Netflix and encountered the same problem. Thinking it was the program, I tried another Netflix program and had the same result.
I switched to Youtube and encountered the same problem.
So I put the nearest disc I could find in the player - Dave Matthews Band in Central Park. The DVD froze 4 seconds after hitting play. Could not get the disc to eject so I had to power it on and off. I'm using the wireless internet connection with the player. So I don't know why it is acting up.
I previously had to send the player back to Oppo and they replaced the logic board. So I guess I'll be sending it back to Oppo.
This coupled with my receiver problem in the Amplifier thread, I feel like throwing in the towel. I can't keep spending money on things that will not last. And I don't want to buy something that is really cheap and compromise quality.
But the way things are going, I may not even bother buying any more equipment. I'm frustrated and broke.

I just read and responded to your receiver thread. I understand your frustration, especially two things at once.
The great thing about Oppo is they stand behind their gear, I bet you won't have to spend to have it fixed again. And I'm hoping that, if you have an electrician check out your place, you can find the problem (and it may be the power company's, again no cost). Again, good luck and keep us posted.

Just remember it's always darkest before it turns completely black. :happy-smileygiantred:

Rope

Oppo in shipment. They should be able to fix it for $79. HDMI out 1 and 2 issues. So all is not lost.

So no more of this 'throwing in the towel' crap, OK?

:eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

Back