• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

I'm baaaaaaack....

Glad to see you are back! If I remember correctly, you lived on the west side of Michigan and have the daughter with the heart problem. How is she doing?

Traps look good!

Welcome back!

Good to see you back Alien!! Room looks great :handgestures-thumbup:

I'd bet your room/system sound phenomenal! :text-bravo:

Welcome back. Don't disappear again, K? Thanks.

Huey said:

Glad to see you are back! If I remember correctly, you lived on the west side of Michigan and have the daughter with the heart problem. How is she doing?

Traps look good!

Welcome back!

Yes that is me! All is well! She's five, no FIVE already.

Thanks for compliments guys a really appreciate it.

The traps work quite well...I made them from some rock wool I found at the local home depot. This stuff was cheap and harder to work with than my other panels but well worth it. You'd all laugh if you saw how I cobble all this stuff together.

My goal was to address some nulls/modes which it did, (and 105dB btw @50Hz sine tone is brutal after a min or two) but it happened to improve the soundstage focus a bit too.

I was going to actually build an IB sub later but my house and room just isn't ready for it...it shakes too much already upstairs with just the servo-15, started doing it more when I put the traps in.

I remember the little girl, but I could have sworn you went by a different name?

Anyway, glad to see you back and very glad to see the little one doing better. The room looks great!

Yesfan, I think he was MLJ777 or something like that, over @ S&V...

Alien (Mike, right?), it's good to see you around, glad you have some time - and room! - to spare for audio work. And wow, 5 years, I remember following your little girl's developments pretty closely when she was going through all that.

Cool! Another Michigander. I'm going to have to have a GTG once I buy a house. Sadly, that probably won't be until the summer of 2014.

Awesome to have you back!

It's. not surprising that the bass levels are actually higher now with the traps in place. That is a good looking rig and it sounds like you've got it pretty well dialed in.

Haywood said:
Cool! Another Michigander. I'm going to have to have a GTG once I buy a house. Sadly, that probably won't be until the summer of 2014.

Rochester Hills, on the northern edge of the Detroit suburbs.

No-L said:
What part of Michigan? I'm in Paw Paw right now visiting family.

I think he lives near Muskeegon or somewhere close to there. I also think he is in the same or similar line of work as me. Alien has a gorgeous daughter that went through some pretty tough times when she was just a little one, and I am glad to hear she is doing great!

Yes I live in muskegon!

Thanks so much for the compliments it means a lot from the calibre of YOU guys!

Don't know why the ceiling looks so crooked in that shot...it comes down a little since there's about only a 1" dip in the foundation floor there I built over top of.

Back