• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

I'm making music, too.

Flint

Prodigal Son
Superstar
While others are working on music and recording, I, too, am working with a band and recording new music. I don't have anything to share, yet, but we are making great progress. The demos are all done and we are arranging them for final recording. I only get about 3 hours a week with the band, and only a 4 to 6 hours a week to practice and write, but this is gonna happen.

We also want to arrange a large concert in Austin sometime in August or September.

We don't have a band name, yet, but we are leaning towards:

The Disciples of Steve
The Disciples of Dissonance
One Spectacular Failure
Woteva
The Lesser Cats

What do you think?

I'm excited for you.

Without knowing the style of music or your sound I can't comment on the suggested names.

Still... I'm stoked that you are back on the music scene.

WOOHOO! This is awesome, Flint! I'm excited for you.

As for the band name, I vote for The Lesser Cats. It's just bizarre and thought-provoking enough to be a perfect band name. That said, Woteva has my curiosity piqued too.

I guessing that all members of the band are local?
Flint said:
The Disciples of Steve
The Disciples of Dissonance
One Spectacular Failure
Woteva
The Lesser Cats

What do you think?
I think simpler is better.

Would love to take my son with me to listen to ya'll.......unless ya'll do RAP......... :scared-eek:

It is kinda heavy rock with a feel similar to heavy Smithereens, Replacements, Soundgarden, etc. I tend to be more of a spritely drummer, though, and our bass player (who I've played with since a teen) tends to be more lyrical than most, so the music has more energy and bounce to it than those mentioned.

That sounds great, an adventure to say the least!

:music-rockout: :music-rockout:

So, Flint, will you be gracing us with snippets, samples and teasers anytime soon?

Great to hear Flint.

As for names, I really like One Spectacular Failure. I don't know, but that's the one that really stands out.

First very rough mix of our first tune.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83kN369Y1FU[/youtube]

The images I just grabbed off my PC and do not signify anything.

NICE, Flint! For a second, I thought the vocalist you hired was Ric Ocasek.

So, Foosman is the band's name?

It's Chip Foose man. :music-rockon:

chip-foose-inspired-gear.jpg

We've decided the bass needs to be re-recorded and compressed some more. The vocals probably need a little boost, but since it seems a perfect balance most of the time except when the bass gets overbearing, the new bass may fix it.

We have two dozen songs prepared and more already recorded - at least the basic tracks. We are looking to play a show in mid to late July here in Austin. Anyone wanna come see us?

Today we spent about 5 hours recording the basic tracks for 5 more tunes and now I have blisters under my callouses. It'll be fun shaking hands at the trade show this week.

Back