• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

In the future I want an 83” OLED TV. 86” would be fine, too. Just saying.

Kazaam

I also absolutely didn’t need to post this.

:cool:

Right now my “big” TV is a 70” LED that’s probably 5 years old. Or something like that. It seems so small and shitty nowadays. Too soon to justify an upgrade, but that doesn’t stop me from looking. Thought maybe a 77” OLED might be what I should dream about. But nope. Pretty sure I‘ll need something in the 83“ to 86” range. When the time comes, that is. In the future.

I hear you ….although I do have a 86” Sony barely a year old. Every time I’m in Costco and see those large OLEDs I salivate.

80 plus inches will be my next tv. I currently have a 77” Sony OLED and love it. But I want bigger.

I like to think that My next living room display will be a short throw laser projector in the 100" range.

In my current living room with built in cabinets my 70" is all I can do.
I already have a short throw 100" in the basement and without wholesale changes to the basement I can't do anymore there.
Im stuck for the time being.

Oh yeah. A projector would be nice, too. My brother has been setting up a projector in his basement within the last year. I helped him finally ceiling mount the projector a month ago. 120” screen, I think. (Edit: 128”, my bad.). But his setup has been done somewhat on the cheap. Think it’s a 1080p Epson projector he bought used with the intent to upgrade some year down the line. Not a short throw. And probably not quite as bright as newer projectors. But if you turn off the lights and block out the sun it’s pretty impressive. Such a massive screen. He said he had debated getting an 86” regular TV or the projector. Projector in his case was definitely the right call.

Last edited:
Back