• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Integra - hard-reset

CMonster

Anyone know how to do a hard-reset on new Integra models (xx.4)? I bought a 20.4 to use in the rec area of our basement and it's forcing me to go through Audyssey setup before I can do anything else. Unfortunately, at the end of this process it says to unplug the setup mic. I do as I'm told and nothing; it just hangs on that screen apparently unable to detect that the mic has been unplugged. Very, very frustrating. I'm hoping a hard-reset will fix the issue but can't figure out how to do it. For the xx.3 models, I found this:
To reset the AV receiver or PrePro to its factory defaults, turn it on and, while holding down the [VCR/DVR] button, press the [ON/STANDBY] button. "Clear" will appear on the display and the AV receiver will enter Standby mode.

The xx.4 models don't have a [VCR/DVR] button. I tried the above procedure using each input button but no luck...

Thanks,

The manual for the 20.4 states the following:

To reset the AV receiver to its factory defaults, turn it on and, while holding down CBL/SAT, press On/Standby. “Clear” will appear on the AV receiver’s display and the AV receiver will enter standby mode.

This did not work for you?

Won't a hard reset erase the Auddyssey set-up, bringing you back to the beginning?

Zing said:
The manual for the 20.4 states the following:

To reset the AV receiver to its factory defaults, turn it on and, while holding down CBL/SAT, press On/Standby. “Clear” will appear on the AV receiver’s display and the AV receiver will enter standby mode.

This did not work for you?

How in the hell did I miss that in the manual??? :angry-banghead: Oh yeah, I was too pissed off to see straight. :angry-tappingfoot: I did try that last night but perhaps I didn't hold the two buttons down long enough. I'll try again this evening...

Botch said:
Won't a hard reset erase the Auddyssey set-up, bringing you back to the beginning?

I haven't been able to complete the Audyssey setup so it currently runs every time I turn on the device. I'm hoping the reset will fix the mic recognition glitch.

Page 72.

ScreenShot2012-11-27at13132PM.png

I'm not rubbing anything in. I'm just trying to help and make things easy.

Zing said:
I'm not rubbing anything in. I'm just trying to help and make things easy.

I know, and I appreciate it. Just upset at myself for not spending a little more time with the manual before posting...

Don't be upset. If you would've found that in the manual, you also would've denied yourself the pleasure of interacting with someone as wonderful as me. :happy-smileygiantred:

Back