• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

iPhone buds with mic

-B-

I've given up on the bluetooth earpieces. Even my jawbone with noise reduction is no match for my work van at 70mph. I've found the earbuds that come with the iPhone are good, mic works well and no complaints from listeners. Problem for me is the iPhone buds hurt my ears.

Any comfy buds out there for iPhones with the mic in them?

-B- said:
I've given up on the bluetooth earpieces. Even my jawbone with noise reduction is no match for my work van at 70mph. I've found the earbuds that come with the iPhone are good, mic works well and no complaints from listeners. Problem for me is the iPhone buds hurt my ears.

What about a Bluetooth equipped stereo in your vehicle? Unless you're driving a noisy convertible or carpool frequently (no privacy), hands free is the way to go.

I use a Shure mic adapter with my Shure IEMs, works like a charm and I wish I had such amazing tech years sooner.

cool, I'll check that stuff out. The expense of the system is not something I want to bring on yesfan...especially since it may still suffer the same ill as my Jawbone. Those adapters may work. Have to check out that adapter Flint, since I already have a pair of Shures!

I paid about $200 bucks for my radio. Not only do I have Bluetooth, I also have a USB port for a thumb drive. I know you won't pay that for some good ear buds, but just wanted to let you know I didn't shell out a lot for my radio either.

I agree though, if your work van is that loud of an environment, then hands free won't help as you will be shouting back and forth to hear the conversation. Just for shits and giggles, have you took a SPL reading of the inside of the van at highway speeds?

I am using the iPhone buds. I have not found anything at any price that works as well as a headset for the phone.

$20 at the mac store.

I use em constantly in my 05 Astrovan. It has an Adrian Steel kit in it and it rattles and clangs as I drive from pothole to pothole, earbuds work excellently.

D

Doghart said:
I am using the iPhone buds. I have not found anything at any price that works as well as a headset for the phone.

$20 at the mac store.

I use em constantly in my 05 Astrovan. It has an Adrian Steel kit in it and it rattles and clangs as I drive from pothole to pothole, earbuds work excellently.

D

I was using the ones that come with it, work really well and no complaints. But the earbuds are so very big and uncomfortable....they hurt my ears. I got a mic adapter at bb for $10. It works, in the van will be true test....but it's a lot of wire! There were options from sony. rocketfish and skullkandy. But I didn't want to spend $30/40 if I wasnt sure I'd like them. I like my JVC Marshmallows.

-B- said:

Have you tried doing the speed limit?? :laughing-rolling:

Batman said:
-B- said:

Have you tried doing the speed limit?? :laughing-rolling:

I shall remind you that's only 5 over on RT.1....and the noise level between 70 and 90 are right about the same! :teasing-neener:

I heard no complaints on a trip home from Atlanta once...jus sayin! :angry-tappingfoot:

By the way, -B-, I have also given up completely on BlueTooth earpieces. Too unreliable, inconsistent sound quality regardless of price, and absolutely stupid looking to wear all day long. Nosir, I use a wired earpiece when I use one at all.

Flint said:
By the way, -B-, I have also given up completely on BlueTooth earpieces. Too unreliable, inconsistent sound quality regardless of price, and absolutely stupid looking to wear all day long. Nosir, I use a wired earpiece when I use one at all.

I'm with you, especially since I see some people keep them on like a fashion statement....get over yourself weirdo! Personally a wire looks better than looking like a large bug is stuck to your ear!

Back