• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

IR receiver recommendation

Orbison

Anyone here have a recommendation for an IR receiver to plug into my Onkyo TX-SR876? It has an IR In & Out jacks so I've been considering moving it out of sight. Thanks.

Any idea what you would like the target to look like? There are many options at parts express. Decora style wall plates, 1/2" diameter circular targets that you mount to flat surfaces, set-top targets etc...I feed my target/signal to a hub that then connects to my processor and also other devices. Also some systems use 4 conducter security wire while others use coax, I substituted the security cable with cat5 since that can be used for just about anything and is very versatile.

Bats - I just need a remote sensor/receiver to put near my TV & cable box - preferably small enough to go unnoticed. My AVR is the only component I'd need to control with it. Thanks. I'll check out Parts Express.

Botch - ?

Botch said:
"IR" = "out of sight"? :think:

Yes. The equipment can be tucked away out of sight. The remote is then pointed at an "eye" which then transmits the IR signal to the equipment via wires and flashers.

John

yromj said:
Botch said:
"IR" = "out of sight"? :think:

Yes. The equipment can be tucked away out of sight. The remote is then pointed at an "eye" which then transmits the IR signal to the equipment via wires and flashers.

John
So the "eye" is exposed, it just repeats the IR info to the enclosed equipment; ah, that makes sense now, thanks yromj. :handgestures-thumbup:

Back