• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Is there a 12" small cab $500 sub (new or used) worth buying?

A few responses to all your amazing input:

First, yes i know that the PSB is not too powerful. I kinda meant that as a joke. The problem is that -- and I need to verify this sometime by measurement -- the PSB is the first sub I've used that could go so ably below ~40 Hz, such that it revealed a massive room mode with a sub in my preferred aesthetic location. It was definitely not turned up too loud, I ask you all to just trust me on this. In fact it was barely on at all, with the ~60-100 Hz region being way lower than the everything above 100 Hz.

There may be a benefit to this, though: in this location my 10" Dayton probably ends up it going much lower than it otherwise should? Kinda seems that way.

BUT, the hard truth is that I really had no place buying the PSB right now, budget-wise. It was an impulse buy when I saw what I imagined to be a once-in-life open-box deal pop up. It's likely I could get to the bottom of the issue, find the right location and make it work. But I'm sad to say that I have decided to just sell it.

So, bmwuk, feel free to message me if it is indeed something you might be interested in and I'll tell you all I have learned from my research (fwiw). I'll likely be posting to some hifi classified pages in the next couple weeks.

Thanks again to you all for your input. :)

-Brian

I know if has been a few months, but I am curious did you sell the sub? If so did you lose money, make a profit or break even? What did you purchase to replace it? Just call me curious, nosey, wondering, need to know.

Back