• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Is this a good TiVo deal?

Botch

MetaBotch Doggy Dogg Mellencamp
Superstar
I'll be getting DishNetwork hooked up again ( :angry-cussingblack: see below) and have read that a TiVo is such a friendlier interface it's worth getting; am I correct that I can use the TiVo to get the dish signal to my receiver?

Anyway, BestBuy in the sunday paper today has the TiVo Premiere and three months' free service for $99. I think that's a good deal, is it? I probably wouldn't continue the TiVo service after the three months, I just want dish service upstairs, no need for any internet content.

:angry-cussingblack: I dropped cable/dish service awhile back, and went with a large antenna to get PBS and CBS, that's all I really wanted. Well, of course, reception of PBS got worse and worse, and now won't come in at all. Then CBS started coming in poorly, and only works half the time. The folks who sold me the antenna came and futzed with it but weren't able to solve the problem. So, I guess I have to pay $24.99/mo. to get two stations that are supposed to be on-the-air (it would be kinda nice to get CNN and Foodnetwork again :eusa-whistle: ).

d'Oh!! :angry-banghead: Read the fine print, Stupid! :oops: :oops: :oops:

... with the purchase of TiVo Premiere and any HDTV*...

2vvuety.jpg

And I just learned on Amazon's website that TiVo works with cable boxes and antennas, but not satellite dishes.

Back to the drawing board... :|

Back