• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Jamhead's Flagstone Patio Project

jamhead said:
Moved some large river rocks around for additional "bench" type seating as well as places to put your drinks, while trying to create the "natural" flow of the overall patio/firepit area. Still need to buy chairs for around the pit, then, landscape and finally, lighting. But, this is how it looks now:

7-5-130062_zps190721f2.jpg

It was a lot of work, but I'm happy with the way it turned out.

You should be sooooo proud!!!!!!!!!! I enjoyed seeing the pics of your family helping! Very NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The flagstone is gorgeous! Nice touch man!!!!!

Zing & I hope to re-do our patio soon! We have talked about a slate floor. Not sure at this point, so many things in the works for us!

Thanks again for the comments everyone....my wife and I appreciate it!

Babs - Thank you. One of the fun aspects of doing a job like this is the ability to spend time with family doing something that you normally don't do. Although it can be an exercise in patience, it can also test your ability to see how you work with your spouse during challenging times. I'm lucky, in that I have a wife that wants to help, is patient, and I actually enjoy doing projects with...we work well together....that helps tremendously.

I think you need to have Zing do the work on your patio.....a little labor will be good for him. :happy-smileygiantred:

Jam, my hat's off to you. Incredible effort. Incredible work. Incredible result. :bow-blue:

Good stuff Jam! It looks professional. Now why I know why you haven't participated lately in the Dyn thread on AVS. :happy-smileygiantred:

Thank you very much guys....my wife and I appreciate all the comments.

Of course, if it looked like shit, would anyone say? :think:

But we do appreciate the positive comments....

And lulimet...I haven't participated in that thread...partially due to projects around the house, but mostly because the thread is full of arrogant dickheads.

:twocents-mytwocents:

Wife just picked up four wrought iron chairs for around the fire pit today. Step by step...we're getting there.

Very well done Jamhead!! Nicely thought out and natural looking. The process you went through I know was painstaking but the results were well worth it. I wouldn't expect anything less than the meticulous execution you and the wife achieved. You should be proud! :text-bravo:

jamhead said:
I haven't participated in that thread mostly because the thread is full of arrogant dickheads.
I swear half of the people on there are Naim gear salesmen. There was another member who seems to have disappeared who talked nothing but the Shunyata snake oil. I think he was a Shunyata rep.

Thank you Chris.

This project taught me that I'm much more comfortable (and better) working with wood than stone.

But that's what made this one interesting....a "learn as you go" process.

Hey Jam, what is the construction of the firepit? I see the black ring in the back of your van.

Can you let me know the material (s)?

Thanks!

No problem. It's a kit from Rockwood and consists of pavers and a fire-ring to dissipate heat away from the concrete pavers. When I received it, I painting the ring with high-heat black paint for "extra" protection from future rust.

Here's a link:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Necessories-Santa-Fe-Stone-Fire-Ring-Kit-3500003/202786879

They have a couple of different colors. I just noticed that the price is $429. I bought it for $299...so not sure if the price will come down again or not. Local landscaping companies had the exact same kit for 500 bucks...without the grill.

It's super easy to put together. I did not get the "grill" portion, as I didn't like the look. However, it can be an add on at any time. Home Depot also sells the unit with the grill (be warned though, unless the fire is very tall/hot, it would be difficult to cook on it as the grill cannot be lowered for "searing".

Back