• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Jonny Quest

Botch

MetaBotch Doggy Dogg Mellencamp
Superstar
Most of you twerps aren't even old enough to remember this cartoon series from the early '60s. It was great! Exotic locations, cool James-Bond equipment and vehicles, a neat dog named Bandit, a sidekick named Hajii, and a soundtrack that still runs thru my head. The ultimate Bachelor/Men's club.
When I first got cable I noticed they were running reruns, tuned in, but quickly realized it was some bastardized modern crap, and Jonny's new sidekick was an icky GIRL! :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: (they also bastardized Space Ghost, making him a Johnny Carson clone, WTFF?!?!?)
I just spent some time at Amazon to see if the original series is available on disk, it's not ('cept for this $9,200 rare copy of the first season: http://www.amazon.com/Hanna-Barbera...=sr_1_10?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1306036943&sr=1-10 :scared-eek: ). There are quite a few VHS tapes, reasonably priced, with one or two original episodes on them, that's really tempting; I'd really like to see that series again...

I love Jonny Quest. Just thinking about it takes me back. Love that show.

Indeed, I used to watch that all the time. Just about my favorite "non-funny" cartoon!

I liked it (preferred Clutch Cargo) but c'mon wasn't there something a bit suspicious about two grown men hanging with a couple young adolescents?

Wel, yeah... In hindsight you gotta wonder what the heck was going on. There are a lot of spoofs of that show that make fun of the idea of two dudes living together with two boys. I choose to ignore that question and remember the fun I had watching the show.

mzpro5 said:
.....but c'mon wasn't there something a bit suspicious about two grown men hanging with a couple young adolescents?

That's because Jonny's dad was the doctor. Race Bannon is their bodyguard and Hadji is one of Jonny's best friends.

I remember that cartoon. The newer modernized versions don't seem too bad, but I liked the original the best. Hard to believe it was on for just one season (64-65).

Yesfan70 said:
Hard to believe it was on for just one season (64-65).
Just one season? I didn't know that!
So, that means that $9,200 disc above has all the episodes? :shhh:

Botch, space ghost coast to coast is a riot. Give it a watch. Adult Swim does a kinda knock off Johnny Quest called Venture Bros. which is pretty funny too.

I remember watching Johnny Quest as a kid.

Go-Go_Gophers_300.gif

Rope

I wanted to be Race Bannon when I grew up. That dude was cool. Hell, I think Chuck Norris may have molded some of his film characters after Race Bannon.

Back