• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Justice League

Huey

Famous
Anybody go see it this weekend? Not getting the best reviews, and it didn't have the kind of numbers they were looking for, but it still did ok. LINK to the article with opening weekend numbers. I almost wish they would go the route of Marvel, and make the movies a little less dark with a little more humor.

I saw it....I give it a 6/10. So another swing and a miss for DC. It was a lot of fun and it was “light and humorous” but there were some jarring things that drag the whole of the film down several notches. IMO DC does not need to try and emulate Marvel and be a little less dark etc....there’s already Marvel for that. This film was both, less dark and more humorous BTW. WB needs to do two key things imho. Stop being so damn reactionary to every little negative thing that resulted from the last film and hire good filmmakers and let them tell their story while being respectful to the characters. If the characters are good enough to make a movie about them, then there should be plenty of really GOOD source material to draw inspiration from. WB had a studio mandate that no matter what, JL had to be under 2hours. WTF?? If the director films key scenes that make the product better than why cut important material that results in dragging the product down. DC more than has their fair share of light and humorous characters. Flash and Green Lantern are two of the most popular characters and both are those things and more. In regards to DC, Warner Bros is their own worst enemy. They need to STOP worrying about Marvel and they’d be a lot better off.

If the movie was more humorous, I wish they would show some of that in the trailers. I don't know if I'll venture out to see it, but I will see it someday. Of course, I still haven't seen Wonder Woman, and I've heard that is really good.

I will say that people that are going to see it, seem to like it a lot more than BvS. Fans and critics disliked that one a lot. So if the viewers leave and tell others to see it, the numbers may pick up. But it’s most likely not the going to produce 1.2-1.5B these team up films should be doing, NOT EVEN close. There’s no denying that DC has a pretty bad track record and it’s mostly well deserved.

Anybody go see it this weekend? Not getting the best reviews, and it didn't have the kind of numbers they were looking for, but it still did ok. LINK to the article with opening weekend numbers. I almost wish they would go the route of Marvel, and make the movies a little less dark with a little more humor.
I agree. For me especially here there sre some movie houses that dont have very good systems, their movies become really dark and difficult to watch at times. I struggle a bit on night scenes. I think because bats go out at night and batman is the main character that they purposely made it dark but it seems to be backfiring.

Back