• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

JVC DLA-HD250 Bulb Replacement Notice

yromj

I just received a "Bulb Replacement" notice on my screen. This prompts a few questions:

1. Any idea what initiates this message? (ie, Message auto displays at preset time - I just hit 1900 hours on the unit.)
2. Any idea how long I have to get a new bulb before my HT's display is a 20" PC monitor?
3. Where is a good source and brand for a replacement bulb?

Thanks for any input.

John

I think it is initiated at the 1900 hours for replacement at 2000. I am over 2500 at this point. May be dimmer but I have a dungeon so I don't mind. Replacement is in the drawer under my equipment waiting to be installed. This will be my third bulb. Second bulb I changed religiously at 2000 hours. Not sure when I will change this one? Only thing that worries me is that in my old INfocus 4805 when the bulb went it made a loud pop and I always wondered if it may have damaged anything inside the projector when it blew. DO NOT want to do that with this PJ. As far as sources, I am in Canada. I used an online retailer that is sourced out of Toronto I believe. There should be tons in the US. I only use JVC replacement bulbs.
Hope this helps!
Mike

Thanks Mike. I am going to experiment w/ a bulb from Amazon (actual Amazon not from the marketplace). I saved a few bucks and am going to install the new bulb as soon as I get it and put the old one away for "just in case". If the new bulb is junk I'll take it up w/ Amazon.

John

Back