• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

JVC X35 Projector Scare

heeman

PRETTY HAPPY.........
Famous
Last night we decided we would watch a movie in the HT. I went in and fired up the system............

The Panasonic Blu Ray Menu screen had a magenta color to it, not blue.

Oh Crap raced through my mind.

I turned off the Blu Ray player and the screen was Green, not Blue.

When in doubt, re-boot.

I re-booted the system and everything worked fine?

Just a glitch, or is this an indication of something starting to fail?

YIKES!!!

I'm guessing it was nothing more than one of those infamous, harmless and oh-so-mysterious gremlins that plague and baffle all of us.

Don't forget that MFRs release firmware updates for projectors now just like any other component. I don't know of anything pertaining to your glitch specifically. But it probably wouldn't hurt to see if there's an update available. Come to think of it....

Probably an HDMI thing. Occasionally when I go into the setup menu of my pre/pro the screen will be magenta instead of blue. This happens a lot less now that I explicitly set all HDMI values in the pre/pro and blu-ray player instead of leaving them set to Auto.

CMonster said:
Probably an HDMI thing.

This was my exact thought. If you experience further issues check the HDMI cable connection and/or run a temporary cable to bypass. It's rare but cables can and do fail.

After reading some of the posts on AVS about some of the older JVC's having a Magenta Bar showing up on the side of the projected image, I really felt my stomach sink, however after the re-boot all seems fine.

I will check Software Rev's and connections at the Pre/Pro and Projector.

Thanks for the feedback!

:music-rockout: :music-rockout:

Projector and system were fine last night..........

Hopefully this was just a one time occurrence?

Again, it was probably an HDMI thing and it's possible that it'll happen on occasion. When it does, try changing sources and back again instead of shutting everything down.

I have something similar which occurs in my system. If I use my small monitor, connected to the second HDMI output on my pre/pro, after my Dish receiver has already been turned on, the screen is majenta. I can reset the Dish box and all is well.

I believe that this is because I have some of my pre/pro's settings set to "Auto" so that it correctly handles the resolution of the monitor (it's not 1920x1080). It's an HDMI issue of some sort that could be corrected if need be, I'm sure. Since I know what causes it and how to avoid, I just work around it.

I think the issue you saw is the same type of thing.

John

At this point in time, it was just a one time event.......Projector/HT getting plenty of use!

Back