• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Kill A Bad Dog, Now What ?

GreatDane

Two stories, one important lesson- call police/911 after any heated altercation.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzXVu59J_5c[/youtube]

Sounds like a BS story told by a Gun hoarder. But that would be the way to handle it. Of course you better have a permit to carry those guns. Unless you live in a backwoods state like Florida or Texas.

At least from my opinion, two completely different stories, although it sounds as if the shootings were justified in both situations. How much you want to bet, that the lawyer involved in the first story, if he had been more cooperative, probably wouldn't have ever gotten charged with anything.

there are 11 full open carry states to be exact out of 50. That is what, 22%? Has nothing to do with being a "free country". A 17 year old kid lost his life a month ago due to a Paul Blart wanna be cop carrying a gun on neighborhood watch. Is that the "free" that you are talking about?

I count 29 states where it is legal to open carry without a permit. It has everything to do with a being a free country.

koufax65 said:
Of course you better have a permit to carry those guns. Unless you live in a backwoods state like Florida or Texas.

Sorry, but both Texas and Florida require a license to carry a firearm and neither state allows "open carry".

koufax65 said:
there are 11 full open carry states to be exact out of 50. That is what, 22%? Has nothing to do with being a "free country". A 17 year old kid lost his life a month ago due to a Paul Blart wanna be cop carrying a gun on neighborhood watch. Is that the "free" that you are talking about?

Close, there are 12 open carry states; Wyoming, Idaho, Montanna, South Dakota, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Kentucky, Virginia, North Carolina, Vermont, and Alaska. Note that Texas and Florida aren't on the list. in both Texas and Florida a LICENSED person may only carry a concealed handgun except in a very few situations.

If the argument against permissive carrying of a gun (licensed or otherwise) is that becaused a licensed individual used a gun in an illegal manner and killed someone, can we extend that to automobiles? A friend of mine lost his daughter when a (licensed) driver was engaged in a drag race (an illegal act) and struck her vehicle head-on. The racer survived, she didn't. For the record this happened in the backwoods state of Texas but I'm 100% sure that the exact situation has happened in more esteemed states.

I am not sure, but I would bet Alaska would have to be the most liberal "open carry" state. Up there, even if you live in a major city like Anchorage you never know what you might run up against, like a bear of moose.

Maximo said:
Sorry, I was counting the open carry friendly states to. that makes 29 total.

It's confusing as hell overall. Each state with its own goofy gun laws. I'm glad I live in one of those 12 states and where I have a decent amount of freedom with a concealed carry permit.

Back