• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Later... with Jools Holland

Botch

MetaBotch Doggy Dogg Mellencamp
Superstar
This Palladia show has been mentioned a time or two on this forum, thought there was a dedicated thread but there isn't. I've yet to take down my Comcast gear (and realized I should probably leave it connected until I post three EweTube videos) so I'm grabbing Palladia shows as much as I can until I do.

MTV had a show, can't remember the name, where they tracked down the members of long-defunct bands and tried to re-unite them for a reunion concert. They had occasional successes (Culture Club was an interesting reunion) but mostly failures, Squeeze being the most disappointing to me. Jools was the stunning keyboardist for Squeeze, and he was the guy who refused to join the one-night reunion, bastid. :angry-cussingblack: He was teaching some college courses at the time, iirc.
Well, tonight, while a band called Gregory Porter (very good!) played, Jools sat in with them on Hammond; wow, Pure Magic!! :music-listening: So good to see him play again, hope this grows into something More. :handgestures-thumbup:

Tonight's episode also had a female solo artist, with a string section behind her (unusual for Later....) who really impressed me, made me think of Joey Heatherton.
naughty.gif

I watch this show from time to time and really enjoy the line-up of different genre's. I also think the venue is great!

It is a great show to hear a couple of songs from artists that I am not familiar with.

I did not know that about Jools playing in Squeeze, thanks Botch! However I have seen him sit in on the piano a couple of times on the show.

I'm also a fan of this show. The rotating groups theme provides looks at various types of musics. Jools has old time favorites like Petula Clark and Tome Jones through new artists from all over the worlld.

Eric Burdon was a good guest and Jools played the piano for him.

I've learned about newer bands like the Killers and Eric Church.

A very well done show and it repeats often on Palladian.

:text-bump:

Some guy called Bryan Ferry is the feature tonight... :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout:

Watching a special episode of Later... right now, subtitled Legends. Missed the name of the tenor saxist who just played, would like to get some of his stuff. Then Glen Campbell came on, his singing was great but the but the guitar playing got a little sloppy in spots, I know he's not touring anymore but good to see he still plays in spots. Then Carole King, now Clapton's playing, Beach Boys, Bowie and Gilmour coming up. Highly recommended if you can catch it! :text-bravo:

EDIT: Show ended with Lou Reed paired up with Metallica. That didn't work. At all. :handgestures-thumbdown:

Holy Heck! Guess who's on tonight!?!?! Squeeze!!

Both Difford and Tilbrook with their signature octave vocal lines, pretty sure their original drummer, and a cutie-pie blond bass player. Great tune, will have to see if they have a new album out. And there stand Jools (see my OP above) and he sat in with another surprise guest, Rickie Lee Jones, right after (RLJ was, uh, okay).
Show's not done yet, if he actually sits in with Squeeze, I shall be Very Happy! (stack it on top of Bloom County being back!)

:bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue:

Botch,
Amazon has it for preorder. Release is November 13.
Hum, that's odd. It is released in Canada on Oct 23?? I guess we are special up here !! :eek:bscene-buttred:

61PgXuRanbL.jpg

Thanks Mike, preordered!

Release dates in different countries can vary by months; I don't really know why. :think:

Well, I had Jools on in the background tonight and who shows up, but the Beach Boys. ALL of them (living, anyway)
Brian Wilson, Bruce Johnston, Al Jardine, and even Mike Love Asshole! Maybe they've patched things up?
They didn't sound all that good (didn't recognize the song), but with five bands playing on a live show, that's understandable. FWIW.

That was filmed when the beach boys were touring a year ago. Mike Love got pissed off at them and fired the other original members in the middle of the tour.

Brian then toured Pet Sounds with the remaining beach boys under his name.

Back