• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

lawdog2k's theater room

lawdog2k

So, been dreaming for a few years. During that time I had been trolling several forums and digging out info on design. This is what I came up with.

Gear: mounted in Middle Atlantic Slim 5-26-43 with RSH custom cut shelf faces
Sources:
PS3
Xbox 360 Slim
PC with 3TB of movies running my MyMovies for Media Center (through Xbox)
Directv HR21 HD-DVR

Pre-Pro: Integra DTC-9.8

Speakers
Mains: B&W DM604S3
Center: B&W LCR600S3
Surrounds: B&W DS7
Rears: B&W DM602S3
Subwoofer: Miller and Kreisel V1250THX

Amps
Rotel RB1080 driving mains
RB1070 bridged for center channel
RB1070 for surrounds
RB1070 for rears

Projector: JVC DLA-RS35
Screen: Stewart StudioTek130G3

Seating: Berkline power 13175 in chocolate

Friend painted ceiling.
Jeff from http://www.nightskymurals.com flew in from Utah to paint the night sky on my ceiling. I'm waiting for the blacklights to get hooked up to take those pictures.

Camera: much better for car shows than interior shots.

Ceiling with flash from camera and no other lighting.

Ceiling with white lights off, two bulb blacklight fixture sitting on floor, shutter left open for one minute.

Ceiling of another one of Nightskymurals customers....with blacklights surrounding ceiling in soffit. (setup I am waiting on)

Attachments

• mountaintheatre2.jpg
    mountaintheatre2.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 1,936
Wow, that's really coming together now! Is everything connected and working?

The decor is beautiful. Nice carpet. And that night sky is incredible!

Thanks!

I still have to do some rack wiring for the speakers. I am taking my time and strapping everything all nice and neat. Power cables on right and A/V on left of rack. I've been making speaker wires for the mains and center. I am also making cables to go from amps to wall plate. Right now, I have some old cables running the mains, center, and sub so I can listen to something.

The sources are hooked up and the picture is beautiful. I'll try to get some screenshots up.

The nightsky attachment is not my ceiling but another customer of the guy who came down to paint the night on mine. HE spent several hours painting my ceiling in the dark and when he was done it was breathtaking. I cant really show it off until I get my blacklights going all the way round the soffit.

This is the guys website. www.nightskymurals.com His name is Jeff and he was awesome to deal with.

Lawdog, first off sweet cars and now this HT, I wasnt going to say anything, but I am positive that I am your long lost son, you recall that drunken night you had with that waitress 42 years ago. Yeah well, I'm coming home "poppa" and I figure that HT room will make an awesome bedroom....I figure you already have the nightlights installed. :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

Dude you seriously suck. :eusa-clap:

I lied I'm only 21. :teasing-neener:

ps don't believe that thread wishing me a happy 42nd Birthday either.

Oh! That waitress. You must be a great model, if you're our kid. With all that Calvin Klein money coming in, I need parental support! ;)

Botch said:
Love it! (I like your avatar, too! :D )

Which raises the question? Is the vermin doing bench presses, or is it attempting to avoid the inevitable? :angry-banghead:

Rope

truly impressive. I see you have room for me in those comfy chairs. I'll be by this weekend.

Thx for all the props. It's been a long time coming. I'll get some pics of the kitchen progress up soon.

Soon is a relative term. I'll get some up this week. It's a bigun of a kitchen. Been uber busy with bank robbery trial, Halloween, grand jury, multiple ancillary dockets, etc.

Lawdog,
I would also like to say that your room looks very nice and I am uber jealous. Quick question about your screen. I have the same PJ as you but my screen is a Dalite model b that has terrible ripples in it. Are you happy with the Stewart? What size is it? If you mounted it yourself, was it a difficult job? The dealer who sold me my PJ has suggested that particular screen after I consulted him and sent him photos of my humble setup so I was just hoping to pick your brains regarding that screen.
Thanks,
Mike

I've been thoroughly thrilled with the setup. Quality abounds. The screen is smooth as silk. There are no creases, bumps, waves, or any of the sort.

Its a 120" 16:9 StudioTek130. I assempbled it myself, but the Mrs. helped me toward the end and helped me hang it.

Back