• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Lets try this again V. 12.7

lulimet

Now that we're back in PA I changed a couple of things. Sold the parasound preamp and amp and bought a 42" Vizio LCD, a Marantz sr5005 receiver, an older Harman Kardon 5 channel amp (Marantz was getting hot with the 4 ohm Dyns) and a pair of older Dynaudio Audience 50 to use as rears. Also today I bought a boxee box to do my streaming. Now all I need is a sub to finish the system but I just don't have the money for one right now.

Equipment list as of right now
Vizio 42" LCD tv
Marantz SR5005 receiver
Harman Kardon PA5800 5 channel amp
Verizon Motorola DVR
PS3
Xbox 360
200 disc Sony CD changer
Boxee box
Belkin PureAV home theater power console PF30
Dynaudio Contour S1.4 front and center speakers
Dynaudio Audience 50 rear speakers

398.jpg

399.jpg

397.jpg

396.jpg

012.jpg

lulimet said:
^^ I'd love too but no funds right now. Maybe in a few months if you still have it.

I'll still have it. When you start looking at subs, come by and give it a spin.

How is that Marantz SR5005 doing ? I'm going to be in the market for a A/V receiver for our family room in a year or so. I haven't followed how their gear has been doing for some time, i have Marantz gear now....just real old & outdated.

Barney, the SR5005 is no longer available. now you might find it on Amazon, but they have released the SR5006... Same price. I have the 5005, and am very happy with it. i didn't do a deep dive compare the new to old, so not sure of all the changes. two i did see were it's networked both ethernet and AirPlay.. plus firmware can now be done via the internet. thats not the case with the 5005....

hawk52 said:
Barney, the SR5005 is no longer available. now you might find it on Amazon, but they have released the SR5006... Same price. I have the 5005, and am very happy with it. i didn't do a deep dive compare the new to old, so not sure of all the changes. two i did see were it's networked both ethernet and AirPlay.. plus firmware can now be done via the internet. thats not the case with the 5005....
Thanks hawk. like i said...kinda behind on what Marantz gear is doing now.

hawk52 said:
i did see were it's networked both ethernet and AirPlay.. plus firmware can now be done via the internet. thats not the case with the 5005....
Yes, the 5006 has network and airplay plus 6 hdmi inputs instead of 4 but it lost the pre-outs. You'll have to buy the 6006 if you need pre-outs.

Sorry gang...what is this AirPlay ?I remember -B- said something about updating to have this....

Airplay is a feature built-into some receivers that allows you to stream music, video, or pictures from your iPhone/iPod/iPad. Just push a button ob your device and the music plays wirelessly on your system. It's pretty cool.

You dont need a new receiver if you have an AppleTV STB or Apple AirPort Wireless access point.

Towen7 said:
Airplay is a feature built-into some receivers that allows you to stream music, video, or pictures from your iPhone/iPod/iPad. Just push a button ob your device and the music plays wirelessly on your system. It's pretty cool.

You dont need a new receiver if you have an AppleTV STB or Apple AirPort Wireless access point.
Thanks..........well I have no need for that......don't support nor can afford any apple gear.

Back