• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

LG 55 LK520

koufax65

Saw an ad today for Bestbuy and went down there to check it out and walked out with a new 55" TV. Couldn't pass it up for $949. It has everything I need and met the under 1000 dollar test. It isn't 3D and doesn't have any internet but I have that on my Blu ray and don't want the 3D, so not an issue. Model # is 55LK520. Great picture and 55 inch was the smallest that i wanted to go. For under a grand it is a good deal. Now I have to figure out what to do with the old Sony. 2800 hundred I paid for that one and this has every bit the picture quality if not more. Got to love progress.

Congrats! :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout:

Congrats on the new TV!!!!

I'm blown away by how much you get for the money. It wasn't that long ago that a 55" plasma would have been well over $5,000.

Nice buy! And as we say 'round here when you get new toys.... you suck!

NICE!!

I had the 47" version of that set for a couple weeks but returned it due to severe flashlighting. :angry-tappingfoot:

I was just gonna swap it for another but then the 46" Toshiba went on sale for $499.......couldnt pass it up. :)

I will be watching for this very close for the next three weeks you can be sure of that. Anyway, thanks for the info.

koufax65 said:
2800 hundred I paid for that one and this has every bit the picture quality if not more. Got to love progress.

My brother was saying the same thing just the other day. He had paid maybe 2600 for one of those big ol' rear projection boxes a number of years back, and now he looks around and sees sets just as big or bigger (and thinner!) for even less. Plus, he swears it has a sharper picture than his old set.

Well, Saturday we were watching a Blu ray disc and I saw the dreaded "flashlighting" effect on the new 55" LG tv. Needless to say I boxed it back up Sunday morning and took it back to the store. I ended up getting a pretty good deal on a 50" Panasonic plasma. Model # TC-P50GT30. I got it for 999. it had been on sale for 1199 in the Magnolia part of the store. I had to order it and they will deliver it on Tuesday. Enough of the LCD's ,I want to check out how a plasma is going to do. It gets pretty good reviews over all. Can't wait to see it is action.

That sucks about the flashlighting. I hadn't heard of that kind of effect before. Hopefully the plasma you're getting works out for ya!

Yeah so far I have not been very impressed with LG as a brand. I had a dishwasher of theirs, and it crapped out within a month or two of the warranty expiration date. I will not likely buy anything else from LG.

Back