• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

LG's flexible, paper-thin displays

Botch

MetaBotch Doggy Dogg Mellencamp
Superstar
I've been following this a couple years, they're getting closer! :music-rockout:

http://www.sciencealert.com/lg-unveils-its-new-flexible-paper-thin-tv

Personally I'm interested in incorporating this idea into the Air Force's "electronic tech data" push, it'd be the final solution for multi-foldout page replacements of cable diagrams, flowcharts, etc. Current prices are unmanageable, just like the 55" OLED I'm lusting after was, what, a year ago?

I have officially become a curmudgeon.

I see that and think...

Why do I need/want a flexible display? Is an inch of depth too much to manage in my living room?
With regard to foldout diagrams ... For years I made my living relying on multi-volume "cable prints" that took a huge amount of space. Those were replaced with electronic copies which make it a time consuming PITA to trace cable routes. It's not the display that was the limiting factor, it was the prints themselves. They were drawn on multiple pages and what we needed was a way to combine them all onto a single HUGE image that could be scaled up/down on whatever display I was using.

I am patiently waiting for my Wi-Fi connected wall mountable Google Calendar app screen. I just want to replace the dry erase board calendar I used to have with a 4mm thick screen that has my Google Calendar and Amazon Echo built in. I'll probably have to wait another 3 years...but I'm patient.

I can see this being used as mobile billboards or can you imagine wrapping an airplane. There could be all kinds of application potential.

Deacon said:
or can you imagine wrapping an airplane.
Since you asked: no!

Jeff

ps. Does this one also belong in the "What The Hell Have I Been Drinking" thread as well? :)

Deacon said:
I can see this being used as mobile billboards or can you imagine wrapping an airplane. There could be all kinds of application potential.
Pizza delivery Hyundais. :shhh:

Deacon said:

Such as the "pictures" in the newspapers in the Harry Potter movies.

John

I briefed the Vice-Commander on a paper-reduction effort underway in the Air Force two weeks ago, and mentioned that I was watching the rollable OLED tech, with the idea of converting schematics and cable diagrams to these large screens. She shot me down in Flames :violence-torch: with a single, well-placed comment, "I can guess how well they'll survive in a maintenance environment".

:shock: :oops:

I guess that's why she's a paid GS-15 and I'm not. :doh:

^We should all be thankful for her assessment. Otherwise, the government being the government, would have these things built SO over-engineered (like to withstand a nuclear blast) that they'd cost 5000% more than they need to.

Uh, instead we should grieve that there aren't more like her in the top positions...

If you've never ever gotten a blowjob from a superior officer well then you've just missed the best in life.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 683
MatthewB said:
If you've never ever gotten a blowjob from a superior officer well then you've just missed the best in life.

Did he name his dick "The Truth" and kept telling you that you couldn't handle it?

Back