• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Logitech Harmony Touch

Towen7

Staff member
:text-link:

I've got an RF capable remote in the living room but don't really need it there. I've been condering setting up an outdoor system and using it there. That would, of course, mean I'd need a new remote system for the living room. I think I found it.

I want this! This is the remote I've been waiting for. Perfect mix of touch screen and hard buttons, size and features. Being a Harmony fan this is the logical step up, while my HK (rebranded Harmony) is still going after 6/7 years it's starting to show signs of weakness and the new Windows OS does not support the software (HK stopped support a few years ago) I'll have this one within the year.

From the video it looks like to you have to scroll to your desired activity, rather than having them all on the initial screen as in the One.
Hope mine lasts long time!

Botch said:
From the video it looks like to you have to scroll to your desired activity, rather than having them all on the initial screen as in the One.
Hope mine lasts long time!

Word!

Rope

Doghart said:
WANT!

Price???

D
Thought I saw $250 mentioned.

I love my One (in fact I have two). For my situation I see no reason to upgrade.

But because I and thousands of others love it means Logitech will stop supporting it soon. :angry-cussingblack:

harmony-one-vs-harmony-touch.jpg

Give me hard buttons or give me death.

Rope

Rope said:
harmony-one-vs-harmony-touch.jpg

Give me hard buttons or give me death.

Rope

Agreed! I like the colored screen of my One, but would rather have hard buttons than a touch screen.

Old people and their resistance to progress are awesome and predictable. I for one would prefer tubes, transistors and a cord between the a remote and the talkie movie picture box.

Towen7 said:
Old people and their resistance to progress are awesome and predictable. I for one would prefer tubes, transistors and a cord between the a remote and the talkie movie picture box.

If it ain't broke don't fix it - Old Guy. :happy-smileygiantred: :eek:bscene-buttred:

mzpro5 said:
Towen7 said:

If it ain't broke don't fix it - Old Guy. :happy-smileygiantred: :eek:bscene-buttred:

prog·ress   [n. prog-res, -ruhs or, especially Brit., proh-gres]
noun
1. Fixng shit that aint broke

:teasing-neener: Signed- Old guy pretending to be less old

Towen7 said:
prog·ress   [n. prog-res, -ruhs or, especially Brit., proh-gres]
noun
2. The opposite of con-gress.
:geek:

I just noticed something. When I initlally pick up my Harmony One I do so with my right hand over the remote, so my index finger can reach the touchscreen; if I'm watching TV I leave the remote there until everything's on, and I use my index finger again to select the channel. Only then do I then slide my hand under the remote, to then use my thumb on the volume control or whatever.
Kind've matches up to what Logitech said in their blurb about the redesign. :shhh:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhR3OuyZweE[/youtube]

Thanks Tom, looks like having several activities on one screen IS an option after all.
Now I want one... :angry-tappingfoot:

Botch said:
Thanks Tom, looks like having several activities on one screen IS an option after all.
Now I want one... :angry-tappingfoot:

I'm not so sure about that. I've been going through the manual and it looks lime you do have to swipe to see each activity. The only time they show more than one activity on the remote's screen is when you want to re-order them in the "settings" menu.

Towen7 said:

It's not called getting old, it's called knowing what you like and don't like. I prefer not to have touchscreens on the remote as you have to look to use them. I much prefer the tactile feel of buttons.

Yeah... dont want to take your eyes off the TV for the 1/2 a second it'd take to change the channel.

I'm just bustin balls because the second I saw this remote I knew that I wanted it for the same reasons that a certain segment of the AV population would instantly dismiss it. Because it has a touch screen. For the record all of my remotes have hard buttons, all of them, and I still look at them. I actually think I'd look at this one less because changing activities is a swipe (or two) and a tap instead of looking for the activity button. I can turn-on, unlock and select my top three apps on my iPhone without looking. But I can't consistently find the activities or transport buttons on my remotes without glancing.
I like the idea of easily moved icons for favorite channels. I like the ide of being able to do some of the setup from the remote itself and not having to connect it to my PC for every little change.

I know it probably doesn't (but would be a huge deal maker if it did), but if you can see your Squeezebox's info on the Touch remote's screen...That would be awesome. You would still have the hard buttons for the transport commands, but could scroll/swipe the screen for music selections.

I know I can do this with my phone, but just prefer the feel of a remote. To be honest, even though I can use my phone or the SB Controller remote, I still use the simple classic remote when listening to music.

Maybe I'm just "old" too.

Towen7 said:
:text-link:

I've got an RF capable remote in the living room but don't really need it there. I've been condering setting up an outdoor system and using it there. That would, of course, mean I'd need a new remote system for the living room. I think I found it.

Just Great! :angry-tappingfoot:

The volume and channel buttons have quit working on my Harmony 880 Pro. Today My wife says if you want a new remote tell me what you want and Santa may just bring it (I like Santa). There wasn't any question I was going with the Harmony One/900 - now I find out there is a new Harmony Touch in the picture. I don't know what to do the cost has to be higher with the Touch plus - It has to be spouse friendly.

When it comes to this hobby there so many decisions to be made on every level especially with audio & video - so way can't something as simple as a remote .... be simple. :text-feedback:

Back