• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Logitech Harmony Touch

Snake Doctor said:
Towen7 said:
:text-link:

I've got an RF capable remote in the living room but don't really need it there. I've been condering setting up an outdoor system and using it there. That would, of course, mean I'd need a new remote system for the living room. I think I found it.

Just Great! :angry-tappingfoot:

The volume and channel buttons have quit working on my Harmony 880 Pro. Today My wife says if you want a new remote tell me what you want and Santa may just bring it (I like Santa). There wasn't any question I was going with the Harmony One/900 - now I find out there is a new Harmony Touch in the picture. I don't know what to do the cost has to be higher with the Touch plus - It has to be spouse friendly.

When it comes to this hobby there so many decisions to be made on every level especially with audio & video - so way can't something as simple as a remote .... be simple. :text-feedback:

You mean Santa friendly?

Rope

Snake Doctor said:
I don't know what to do the cost has to be higher with the Touch plus - It has to be spouse friendly.

When it comes to this hobby there so many decisions to be made on every level especially with audio & video - so way can't something as simple as a remote .... be simple. :text-feedback:

Yeah...

The Touch is about $100 more. But from what I've seen it has to be the most user friendly remote there is, both from a programming and a usability perspective. That said I'm not sure that the Touch is $100 better than the One for most people.

Snake Doctor said:
Towen7 said:

I've got an RF capable remote in the living room but don't really need it there. I've been condering setting up an outdoor system and using it there. That would, of course, mean I'd need a new remote system for the living room. I think I found it.

The volume and channel buttons have quit working on my Harmony 880 Pro. Today My wife says if you want a new remote tell me what you want and Santa may just bring it (I like Santa). There wasn't any question I was going with the Harmony One/900 - now I find out there is a new Harmony Touch in the picture. I don't know what to do the cost has to be higher with the Touch plus - It has to be spouse friendly.

I can't speak to the Touch but if you have been putting up with the piece of shyt 880 (no offense meant to you) the One will seem revolutionary.

The 880 had to be one of the worst designs ever. I've got one that has not seen very much use, if you really like the 880 we can probably work something out. PM if interested.

mzpro5 said:
Snake Doctor said:
Towen7 said:

I can't speak to the Touch but if you have been putting up with the piece of shyt 880 (no offense meant to you) the One will seem revolutionary.

The 880 had to be one of the worst designs ever. I've got one that has not seen very much use, if you really like the 880 we can probably work something out. PM if interested.

I would like to upgrade to at least the One - and I doubt the touch is worth and extra $100 - has anyone had any dealings with refurbished remotes? I can get one of those on the cheap - but I keep hearing - "You get what you pay for".

^ ^

Don't shy away from refurbished. There are many reasons a product can get that label and often they are a better bet as someone has "gone over" them. Often they come with origional warranties.

I say if you can get a good deal on a refurbished unit get it. Just make sure their is a decent return policy.

I've purchased 3 Harmony One refurbished remotes, 1 for my sister, 1 for my mother, and 1 for my brother. None have failed or given heartburn in any way. Going on three years and still doin' the do.

Rope

Back