• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Logitech is selling off Harmony

^^

I agree, why would anyone spend $1,000.00 (not including thr add on device $499.00) for a device they could spend $200..00 and have 99% functionality?

I'm thinking Logitech is crazy like a fox. Perhaps they've put all their eggs in the app building business that will provide an answer to the gear control issue for $14.99?

Rope

The next gen Xbox has the potential to be the one source component to rule them all. If rumors are true, it will include a multi-tuner CableCARD DVR, a Blu-Ray player, an interface based on Windows Media Center and extensive support for both local media and online streaming services. The integration with Windows 8 should be pretty tight, so remote control from a Windows tablet should be pretty comprehensive.

Haywood said:
The next gen Xbox has the potential to be the one source component to rule them all. If rumors are true, it will include a multi-tuner CableCARD DVR, a Blu-Ray player, an interface based on Windows Media Center and extensive support for both local media and online streaming services. The integration with Windows 8 should be pretty tight, so remote control from a Windows tablet should be pretty comprehensive.

Do you think it will finally support flac? :happy-smileygiantred:

Haywood said:
The next gen Xbox has the potential to be the one source component to rule them all. ... The integration with Windows 8 should be pretty tight, so remote control from a Windows tablet should be pretty comprehensive.

I've been reading that there will be an STB version as well (Xbox without the video games). That'd be all kinds of awesome. Even if its the holy grail of STBs, you still need multiple remotes (XBOX, pre/pro, display) and its unlikely that the Xbox remote app will work for the other components.

Towen7 said:
Haywood said:
The next gen Xbox has the potential to be the one source component to rule them all. ... The integration with Windows 8 should be pretty tight, so remote control from a Windows tablet should be pretty comprehensive.

I've been reading that there will be an STB version as well (Xbox without the video games). That'd be all kinds of awesome. Even if its the holy grail of STBs, you still need multiple remotes (XBOX, pre/pro, display) and its unlikely that the Xbox remote app will work for the other components.

True, but it gets us closer and if you are able to use one source component for everything, all you need is TV power and AVR volume and you're done.

I will be very surprised if I ever only use a single device to control absolutely everything in my house and here's why. When I'm watching TV, a movie, whatever, I want to have a real remote w/ real buttons so I can quickly and easily grab it and pause rewind, change the volume, etc. That can only be done w/ something which easily fits in one hand and has physical buttons. However, when I'm browsing my music library, or Pandora, or Sirius, and/or wanting to play them in multiple areas that is very easily done w/ the tablet.

I'm very happy w/ my URC for dedicated activities and using the tablet for general background activities and to supplement the URC such as when I'm listening to music in the HT.

John

Back