• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Longmire on A&E

elfstone

Just read where the show won't be renewed for a fourth season. :handgestures-thumbdown:

Not sure if any of you guys watched, but it wasn't a bad show.

Can't figure out why some shows get canned, while a lot of these realities shows keep going (i.e., Honey Boo Boo, Kardashians, Real Housewives, Redneck trailer trash shows, etc).

At least we got three seasons.

Reality shows cost less than 1/10 what it costs to make a scripted show and often return higher short term profits.

I fully understand reality shows costs less than regular shows, but jeez, is this what's to come? A lot of this reality stuff is just pure crap and can't figure out why anyone with an active brain cell left in their head would consider watching it.

It isn't JUST cost. It is simple ROI, or Return on Investment.

If I can earn $10M a week in advertising dollars showing crap that costs me nearly nothing to make, that could be much better than making $50M a week in advertising showing quality shows which cost me $45M a week to produce.

Season 4 is on Netflix and talks are hinting on season 5.
By the way, I'll be watching it soon, loved it.

That is one of my most favorite shows ever. Great sleeper with enough viewers to keep it going.

Although, given the extreme experiences Sheriff Longmire has been through, there is only so much one man can take before the show becomes completely over the top Hollywood malarky.

elfstone said:
Can't figure out why some shows get canned, while a lot of these realities shows keep going (i.e., Honey Boo Boo, Kardashians, Real Housewives, Redneck trailer trash shows, etc).

Most if not all of us on this forum are a minority and on the right-hand-side of the bell curve. ;)

Back