• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Longmire

PaulyT

Behind the Curtain
Staff member
Administrator
Superstar
Any fans of this show here? I just discovered this one recently (on Netflix), great show. While the story is supposedly set in Wyoming, it was mostly, if not entirely, filmed in New Mexico. In fact, Longmire's cabin, that faces a grassy valley surrounded by trees, with a "hump" in the middle, is the Valles Caldera in Jemez, just a few miles from Los Alamos, where I grew up. Gorgeous place. I recognized it immediately.

Anyway, good show, I like it a lot.

BsUn3IBCAAEuVUc.jpg

Loved the first three seasons. I know they continued season 4 on Netflix but just keep forgetting to watch it.

This is SUCH a good show. Wow.

(just starting season 3)

OMG... this hits close to home. It's hard to talk about this, but let's just say, something in the last episode of season 3 of this show really got to me, wow.

:eek:bscene-birdiedoublered:

Sorry, had way to much to drink last night when I posted that. There was a moment, though... My wife and I scattered my mom's ashes (she died ~13 years ago) on the Zuni Indian reservation in western NM; there was a scene in this show where Longmire is scattering his wife's ashes near his cabin, which as I mentioned earlier is actually filmed very close to where I grew up. That connection was poignant.

I love this show. And there's actually a lot of humor in it, but it's delivered in such a straight way that it's even more hysterical. For example in the episode I just finished, the female deputy (played by Katee Sackhoff btw) is doing something on her phone and says to Longmire something like "while we're waiting we can talk about my FEELINGS" ... well unless you've seen the show you wouldn't understand, but the writing and the acting is terrific. And the scenery really cinches it for me.

Yeah... I really enjoy the show immensely. I've been watching it since day one and am addicted to it as I grew up in a not too different world.

Dang, have now finished season 4 and am jonesing for more. According to Wikipedia, netflix has said they're working on a 5th season, can't wait. I did think it lost a little momentum after certain highly significant events towards the beginning of season 4, but still the rest of that season was good.

The new series is on Netflex now. Still is great. Watched the 1st two episodes yesterday.

I am impressed given most of the producers and some of the writers have changed.

Back