• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

looking for a small CD player

walls

Anyone know of a small CD player?? I want one for my nightstand to use with my headphone rig. KTHANKSBYE.

just a cd player? Onkyo and Yamaha have some bookshelf receivers. I have the Onkyo in my room, it's a pretty cool unit. Heres a pic for size idea.

onkyo-cr-d1-mini-hifi.jpg

Mine came with different speakers that collect dust. Has a sub out so you could really set up a nice little nighttime rig along with your phones. I have to micro Athenas hooked up to mine at each corner of my bed posts. Squeezebox for night music and it fits nicely on my nightstand. Yamaha has one too, slightly more expensive.

-B-, yep just a cd player, wanting to use with my headphone amp and cans. ;)

Flint, thats the size I need but not the price! LOL!! Looking to spend around $300 tops.

Also I have been using a portable but cant imagine I would not do better with my HD650's with a better jack then a mini plug.

With a headphone amp, any CD player would be pretty darn great. If you want a CD player with a build-in headphone jack & volume control, you may have to go with a professional model.

Hardy har Dane....

Flint, I think you are missing what i am saying. My headphone amp has left and right line ins and I have been using the mini line out from a compact player with a splitter into the amp. I think there would be better seperation from a "real" component cd player with left and right audio outs. That is why I am looking for one, but a fuul size player will not fit on the nightstand under the amp.

Ah... There really isn't any better separation with two RCA connections than with one 1/8" TRS (Stereo) plug. It may seem logical that there would be better seapration, but the signals being delivered as low voltage enough that the amount of crosstalk is higher in the electronic components (like your headphone amp) than in the wire and connections.

Flint said:
With a headphone amp, any CD player would be pretty darn great. If you want a CD player with a build-in headphone jack & volume control, you may have to go with a professional model.

My 10 year old Yamaha changer has a variable volume for headphones, but since it is a full sized component, that won't help him any.

Flint said:
Ah... There really isn't any better separation with two RCA connections than with one 1/8" TRS (Stereo) plug. It may seem logical that there would be better seapration, but the signals being delivered as low voltage enough that the amount of crosstalk is higher in the electronic components (like your headphone amp) than in the wire and connections.

Im gonna take your advise here and save some cash. To be honest my Panny compact player really does sound great with this rig, I guess "upgraditis" was calling me out.

SSSSoooooo.........I will spend the cash on sumthin for my HD instead! LOL!!!!

Back