• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Lost in Space

Botch

MetaBotch Doggy Dogg Mellencamp
Superstar
This afternoon I started futzing around with Comcast's Xfinity TV service; first couple things I looked at were already hosted on Hulu so I'm not sure what the point is.
Anyway, I saw a banner for the old science fiction show Lost in Space. I remember watching it as a kid, but that was one show that never made reruns on TV like Star Trek did. Watched the premiere episode so I could get refamiliarized with the story line.
I love science fiction that's been overcome by reality; in Nasa's mission control the large display screens on the walls were overhead projectors, :laughing: and everyone in mission control came to attention when the President came on the TV (like that happens nowadays!). Flares were used to explore caves, even though they did have flashlights along.
One thing that I would like to know how they filmed were the jet pack scenes; the commander flew in circular patterns (so it couldn't have been done with wires), the lighting on the rocks and the commander looked perfect, and even the commander's shadow was cast on the rocks! How the heck did they do that in the Black-n-white age?
You only saw the top of "Danger Danger!" robot's head in a couple scenes, and I seem to remember there was an older guy who cast away on the ship, but he wasn't there; maybe they come into the storyline later. I may have to watch a few more of these! :handgestures-thumbup:

Something was never right between Dr. Smith and his love for Will Robinson.

Just saying.

In the first couple of the episodes the Dr. Smith character is much darker, the actor who played him realized that meant a short life span for him. So he got the writers to add some comedic elements and lighten the role up so he could stay with the series.

I am a big Lost Space fan of the show anyway, the movie not so much though it had some good parts. I even had a Lost In Space lunch box when I kid. The robot was my favorite, in one episode he faced off against Robbie the robot from Forbidden Planet, that was pretty cool.

Weird but true, I have an upcoming portrait session with the woman (Marta Kristen) who played the blonde older daughter in Lost in Space. Never watched the show myself; always thought it was stupid.

Loved the series as a kid, and I thought the movie was ok. Any movie with Heather Graham and Mimi Rogers in skin tight outfits can't be all bad.

One of the funniest things I have ever seen, was a comic who put his coat on so that his arms are crossed and the back of the coat is in the front, and move around screaming "Danger, Danger, Danger Will Robinson, Danger" Try it, I guarantee a laugh!

Back