• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Mad max fury road, favor please tom hardy is in my sub!

jomari

War Never Changes
Famous
Just tested new avr, calibration done but adjusted it to reflect current available speakers.

Mcacc done
Speakers set to small
Crossover at 100
- I'm using a hand me down Polk surroundbar, 2 satellites.
Subwoofer set to life, highest crossover setting

I need a favor, and test the intro to mad max. Tom hardy seems to talk at a good lower frequency, and need to see if he hits low enough to resonate in my sub.

I haven't tried pure direct mode, but for some reason I can hear his voice in my sub.

If you can please try it on your rigs when you have a moment. I'm not too familiar with this movie, wasnt my favorite to repetitively watch it.

Thanks.

Just tested new avr, calibration done but adjusted it to reflect current available speakers.

Mcacc done
Speakers set to small
Crossover at 100
- I'm using a hand me down Polk surroundbar, 2 satellites.
Subwoofer set to life, highest crossover setting

I need a favor, and test the intro to mad max. Tom hardy seems to talk at a good lower frequency, and need to see if he hits low enough to resonate in my sub.

I haven't tried pure direct mode, but for some reason I can hear his voice in my sub.

If you can please try it on your rigs when you have a moment. I'm not too familiar with this movie, wasnt my favorite to repetitively watch it.

Thanks.

I don't need to hear it to know that it is extremely likely that his voice is also coming from your subwoofer.

Male voices tend to have a primary pitch of 80Hz to 140Hz while women are typically an octave higher. What most of us hear are all the harmonics human voices also have. But, if he is trying to speak with a low voice, the recording is EQ'd to exaggerate the low pitch, and the subwoofer is crossed over at 100Hz, and especially if the sub is tuned very loud, you will definitely get the voice in the subwoofer.

If it is obvious and distracting, then perhaps your subwoofer is set at a volume level which is far too loud.

@jomari - you're talking about the very opening bit where he's doing a monologue? Yeah I tried it just now (I have this movie on BD) and there's definitely some part of his voice coming from the sub, no question. Kind of a resonance/rumble, not the main part of his voice but distinctly present, and I would suspect that they've intentionally filtered/processed the voice track to add that extra bass.

@jomari - you're talking about the very opening bit where he's doing a monologue? Yeah I tried it just now (I have this movie on BD) and there's definitely some part of his voice coming from the sub, no question. Kind of a resonance/rumble, not the main part of his voice but distinctly present, and I would suspect that they've intentionally filtered/processed the voice track to add that extra bass.

Bingo! that part, right before he is done taking a piss.

sorry bmwuk, its not on netflix or amazon i think...

Flint, i appreciate it.

the initial settings that the new avr did, was impressive but it doesnt give me the flexibility of the old one,

i noticed i cant use a high pass filter, set some settings etc.

kid just threw up, brb.

terrible f*cking twos.,

Sorry, kids and movie time don't mix too well.

I didn't like Fury Road all that much the first time. Then I watched it again (I think after playing the video game :laughing: which is pretty good), and enjoyed it quite a lot more. As long as you're not expecting all that deep a plot. And the sound effects are pretty impressive, along with the sets/props - desert machinery etc. Now I think this is kind of an underrated movie.

In fact, now that I have it in the player, maybe I'll watch it again! :cool:

thanks buddy, if you happen to catch more of his voice in the sub, kindly hit me up again. i'd like to know if it was an isolated part of the movie, or im just not used to hearing my sub working after 2 years.

i dont care much for fury road as much either, mostly because of the red guy in spandex playing the electric guitar.

thanks for checking. at least i can confirm one scenario.

anyone else who might have it, kindly give it a go for me if you please, id really appreciate it.

Bingo! that part, right before he is done taking a piss.

sorry bmwuk, its not on netflix or amazon i think...

Flint, i appreciate it.

the initial settings that the new avr did, was impressive but it doesnt give me the flexibility of the old one,

i noticed i cant use a high pass filter, set some settings etc.

kid just threw up, brb.

terrible f*cking twos.,
Ha ha, terrible twos. I hate to break it to you. Terrible twos are nada. When they turn 3 they go all out a**holes. Hate to break that to you. 2 year old is a walk in the park vs 3

Ha ha, terrible twos. I hate to break it to you. Terrible twos are nada. When they turn 3 they go all out a**holes. Hate to break that to you. 2 year old is a walk in the park vs 3

thanks partner, i think the hard part is its in my nature (or most people), is that we try to resolve the problem, try to work on it, then solve it. no talk, no need for support, just get er done. but as a person, i have to learn to adjust to it, especially with the wife AND kid.

kids dont know better. this is their motto until 30.

whats devastating is that hes in the bang your head phase. he bangs his head on ME, numerous times, when he has a tantrum. its not even funny carrying him and trying to keep your balance after a concussion. i dont mind that, but i do mind when he ends up kneeling and banging his head on the floor.

\endrant

mad-max-fury-road.jpeg

if you happen to catch more of his voice in the sub, kindly hit me up again. i'd like to know if it was an isolated part of the movie
I only noticed it during that first scene. In other parts of the movie, his voice didn't have that same effect. Though he barely talks in this...

Damn, such a completely over-the-top movie, it's almost an art form in itself. Just finished a re-watch. I love it.

I only noticed it during that first scene. In other parts of the movie, his voice didn't have that same effect. Though he barely talks in this...

Damn, such a completely over-the-top movie, it's almost an art form in itself. Just finished a re-watch. I love it.
thank you sir, appreciate it!

thanks partner, i think the hard part is its in my nature (or most people), is that we try to resolve the problem, try to work on it, then solve it. no talk, no need for support, just get er done. but as a person, i have to learn to adjust to it, especially with the wife AND kid.

kids dont know better. this is their motto until 30.

whats devastating is that hes in the bang your head phase. he bangs his head on ME, numerous times, when he has a tantrum. its not even funny carrying him and trying to keep your balance after a concussion. i dont mind that, but i do mind when he ends up kneeling and banging his head on the floor.

\endrant
Oh I was just making light of you saying terrible twos. Many assume that's the bad year. Nope.

Back