• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Made a Netflix Change

mzpro5

Famous
After stopping at a local video rental store I used to frequent I see they have a good selection of BD and only charge $2/night for recent releases and $1.50 for all others.

I have found my NF discs just sitting on the table since they have improved streaming selection and quality so I went and dropped the discs and am now just getting streaming from NF. I can get new releases from the local shop when they come out - no waiting a month and not feel like I am wasting money with NF discs.

I've thought of making a change as well. I just never get a chance to watch the movies, which will probably only get worse with summer coming. I'm not sure I would keep the streaming though, never seem to do much of that either.

I was a Netflix disc subscriber and realized that I was sending discs back because I hadn't watched them after a month or two. I wasn't going back unless/until they offered a streaming only option.

Huey said:
I've thought of making a change as well. I just never get a chance to watch the movies, which will probably only get worse with summer coming. I'm not sure I would keep the streaming though, never seem to do much of that either.

Me too. I had to change my debt card recently, which meant me updating my NF account to keep it going. I just let it lapse as I have been watching shows on my DVR, when time even allows that.

I cut back to one disc at a time awhile back and might even drop that and just use Streaming. Netflix has never been great about getting new releases out in a timely way and Red Box Blu-Ray rentals are only $1.50. I am hoping that Vudu will eventually lower their prices on new release HDX rentals to something more palatable than $6, because I otherwise love their service and would use it on a regular basis if the fee were $3 or less.

I have netflix streaming and love it, but am waffling on getting Hulu Plus for the more variety of HD shows.

MatthewB said:
I have netflix streaming and love it, but am waffling on getting Hulu Plus for the more variety of HD shows.

Hulu plus isn't very good.

Did the free trial of Hulu Plus and honestly hated the idea of paying for a service that makes you watch the commercials. We just use Netflix and an OTA antenna.

lakedmb said:
Did the free trial of Hulu Plus and honestly hated the idea of paying for a service that makes you watch the commercials.

Hulu Plus has commercials? I didn't know that. I'd hate that, too. I mean, sure, most of us pay for cable or satellite service and have to suffer through commercials and we're used to it; but somehow having even just a few commercials on Hulu Plus seems wrong.

Agreed. It's why I only kept a Hulu+ subscription for a month. It's annoying to have to pay and get commercials; I'd be happy to pay (a little) more and get it commercial-free.

I also dropped Hulu+. I didn't mind the commercials. They were short enough and I get that any service has to make money. What bothered me was the inconsistency in programming. Some shows were only available on a PC, some were only available on a TV... Some shows were available the same day they aired on broadcast TV, others not for days, or weeks or ever.

Netflix offerings of TV programs are no more current than last season, but at least they are consistent.

Back