• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Mafia 3 starts tomorrow

jomari

War Never Changes
Famous
anyone going to try this?

preordered mine, and will be gleefully playing this tomorrow. I haven't played a mafia game before, but im treating it ala GTAV.

man this would be nice if they kinda toned down the witness aspect of it.

I have seen a few tv commercials and promotions for this. Will be interested to hear the reviews.

Yeah, might give it a shot, once prices come down a bit. We'll see...

im a bit weary of it, and since ive been on an open world slump a bit nowadays, I just hope it keeps its grip on me. there is a lot to love in this game, but with several other games out this month, its going to be tough.

- Rise of the Tomb Raider 20 years anniversary 10/11
- Call of duty - infinite warfare (currently playing modern warfare 2 right now, loving it) - officially this is a November release
- SKYRIM remastered (yes for pc its been out a while, its just about to make its debut on the ps4) 10/28
- Battlefield 1 (world war 1 based) 10/28

heres my initial thoughts on it...

played this last night, kindly note I am not familiar with the Mafia series and this is my first time with the game.

There will always be some sort of comparison to GTAV in my head.

The intro was great, but just not as spectacular as GTA's styling. I liked it, got to drive around and stuff, but the pacing for me was a bit slower than im used to. Maybe because its still too early in the game.

Woke up in a bed (just to avoid any spoilers), and from that point, I had to call it a night. from the start up to that point, I can concur with Jstein, the guns didn't have enough weight. (or maybe it was all that COD:MF AK-47 ive been using)...

The scenery is wonderful, the teeth tho, for some reason get to me. maybe my display needs to be replaced. too silvery.
icon_biggrin.gif

At times tho, it DID remind me of RDR in certain moments. but flee as fast as they came by.

anyways, great game as of the moment. I am excited to try to play it again later.

*edited*

one thing I noticed, the mission objectives, aren't immediately laid out on the map, you have to select it via the map screen.

and yes, the Playboys remind me of the older days.
icon_biggrin.gif

been playing this constantly, man, definitely a blast. aside from the lighting issues and some quirks here and there, i didnt get bored as i expected i would be, compared to SOME moments in the AC series. very enjoyable.

patch was recently released, but didnt do anything for me.

Battlefield 1 tho, is less than a day till opening. so this might be put on the back burner for a bit...

Back