• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Marantz ma500

Nufan

Does anyone have experience with these mono blocks? I was thinking of adding monos or a stereo amp to my current set up:
Marantz nr 1403
Klipsch RB-61's
Cheep 10" sub (jbl? KLH?)

The Marantz seems to be a little under powered. Hard to crank up the tunes and be able to hear in the backyard. Living room is right off the yard.
Or any other suggestions?

Thanks

I understand the 50 watts in your receiver isn't terribly powerful, but you are using rather efficient Klipsch speakers so I'm a little surprised you're citing being under-powered. Regardless, for $150, this receiver would double your power.

A couple of guys over at the old forum had MA 500s and they always seemed happy with them. I think most went over to the MM9000 or similar for matters of convenience only, ie. 1 power cord vs 5.

I think Zing's post begs the question, How much are you paying for them? If they are a screamin deal then 2 of them might be a good option.

I understand the 50 watts in your receiver isn't terribly powerful, but you are using rather efficient Klipsch speakers so I'm a little surprised you're citing being under-powered. Regardless, for $150, this receiver would double your power.

And a doubling of power equates to 3 dB (+10 dB is perceived as twice as loud).

Yeah...that's a stereo recievers though. This is for my 3.1 (for now) home theater. Also running Klipsch RC-52 center channel.
But when I listen to music I go to 2.1.

I saw some audiosource? 2 channel amps that got good reviews for the price. Around 150-200 I believe.
Oh and the ma500 that I saw were 165 each.

If you look long enough, you can find a used two channel amp on craigslist for cheap.

Back