• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Mark & Daniel Maximus Mini

Wardsweb

Renaissance man
These are the little speaker that could. If you didn't see them, you would think a much larger speaker was playing. Surprising bass from such a small speaker and huge sound stage. I'm really a big speaker kind of guy, but these impress me.

Attachments

• maximusmini.jpg
    maximusmini.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 479
Yeah I'm taking your word on that one Ward, you've had a lot to compare those to! Are they active? What is that cabinet made of, it looks like a one piece mold!

Alien said:
Yeah I'm taking your word on that one Ward, you've had a lot to compare those to! Are they active? What is that cabinet made of, it looks like a one piece mold!
They are a passive ported two way. They are hefty little suckers coming in around 14 pounds each. They use their version of the Heil Air Motion tweeter (whose patent ran out). They can take power too.

Their website calls the cabinet monolithic marble or artificial marble. Looks like Corian to me. A very dense and dead material.

They won't replace my big horns but they are a nice speaker, regardless of their size.

Attachments

• markndaniel.jpg
    markndaniel.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 465
Wonder if they would like to send a pair to our little pow wow in July :think:

That's a nice little playground you have back there too. I would've never made it back there at your house, for all the fun for me is inside, been infatuated with audio since I was 4!

Wards...the audiophile candy shop.

Back