• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Matrix 4 Trailer drops Thursday...

Watched it.
I'm very disappointed at how bad it is.
Just awful. This chapter does nothing to advance the core story.

And look ... I'm all about having strong women characters who aren't dependent on a male lead, but it's entirely possible to do that without making it painfully obvious that THAT'S the sole reason for resurrecting this story.

Last edited:
Pretty much agree it was more reminiscing then interesting new story or content.

im not sure how i felt about it, but the first chapter of the movie felt,
er... b-movieish? cheesy like a new bruce willis movie, almost close but not at the brink of desparation?

Watched it.
I'm very disappointed at how bad it is.
Just awful. This chapter does nothing to advance the core story.

And look ... I'm all about having strong women characters who aren't dependent on a male lead, but it's entirely possible to do that without making it painfully obvious that THAT'S the sole reason for resurrecting this story.
i asked monkey this, but also wanted to ask you as well.

did it feel, b-movie-ish, cheap, a big budget name with a bad sequel. wait thats all of them. :D

kidding aside, feels like oh! now i can compare it, feels like independence day 2.

Just finished, didn’t hate it, didn’t love it. I don’t feel like I wasted 2+ hours but I also don‘t have anywhere near the feeling I had after seeing the original. That’s a tall order for any sequel to something groundbreaking.

Just finished, didn’t hate it, didn’t love it. I don’t feel like I wasted 2+ hours but I also don‘t have anywhere near the feeling I had after seeing the original. That’s a tall order for any sequel to something groundbreaking.
i think thats why the other two never stacked up well enough, despite its somewhat different storyline and progressive hmm... mindset? yes, it was good in its own way, it wasnt like the original, and kinda dragged it a bit more than we wanted. but then again, we are talking about a movie industry, that needed to milk this cow while they could.

i asked monkey this, but also wanted to ask you as well.

did it feel, b-movie-ish, cheap, a big budget name with a bad sequel. wait thats all of them. :D

kidding aside, feels like oh! now i can compare it, feels like independence day 2.

I totally see where that question is coming from but with the way Hollywood operates these days I don’t know anymore how to define what a B movie is. Even B movies can have impressive special effects and very high production quality. So to me it comes down to story and to acting … Reeves has never been a great actor and this performance wasn't his best. Most of the other characters just didn't come across as believable. Neil Patrick Harrison, IMHO, outdid the rest of the cast by far. But the whole the whole thing was let down by the weak story.

But yeah … this didn‘t feel like it was blockbuster it was supposed to be.

Pretty much agree it was more reminiscing then interesting new story or content.

But having said that I did enjoy a lot of the familiar reminiscing and especially when Trinity finally emerged (and told her computer simulated husband to stop calling her Tiffany). I look at it this way... it's another Matrix sequel. None of which lived up to the first one. But it's decent eye candy and home theater candy as well. Looked and sounded great on my system. Worth watching IMO if you were a fan of the series just don't expect anything particularly new or ground breaking. If anything it's more of a nostalgic love story between Neo and Trinity then anything.
I haven't heard great reports on it.

I totally see where that question is coming from but with the way Hollywood operates these days I don’t know anymore how to define what a B movie is. Even B movies can have impressive special effects and very high production quality. So to me it comes down to story and to acting … Reeves has never been a great actor and this performance wasn't his best. Most of the other characters just didn't come across as believable. Neil Patrick Harrison, IMHO, outdid the rest of the cast by far. But the whole the whole thing was let down by the weak story.

But yeah … this didn‘t feel like it was blockbuster it was supposed to be.
i get it, ive seen some b movies, but man, story wise was amazing. ones that come to mind is kill command. that was a great b-movie.

i get it, ive seen some b movies, but man, story wise was amazing. ones that come to mind is kill command. that was a great b-movie.
The first part did feel almost deliberately B movie-ish or cheesy (nothing against B movies there are some great ones out there especially in the sci-fi genre). I felt like I was watching another installment of Free Guy rather then a Matrix sequel. And for the record I kind of actually enjoyed Free Guy as an old time gamer it was maybe even a more accurate parody of gaming culture then what the first half of this Matrix sequel was trying to be. Like I said earlier there is no comparing this Matrix sequel or any of the Matrix sequels to the original. Not even close. But I went in with that in mind and was able to enjoy at least some of the second half content I suppose just because at least for a little while it looked and felt somewhat "like" a Matrix movie.

I watched the new James Bond and Don't Look Up in the last few days and those were both more entertaining. Didn't think the new James Bond was as bad as some reviews I have read and Don't Look Up was silly but somewhat entertaining doomsday/political satire flick. Everyone is telling me to go see the new Spiderman movie but COVID is raging around here so I ain't going to the theater anytime soon.

It was...OK as a standalone movie. Felt like a Netflix Original or...more like an Amazon Original.
Or an extended Animatrix episode (remember those?). Fleshing out the original story line.
My youngest and I watched the Original trilogy (rewatch for me and first time for him)...and man, those were awesome. This was...not.
It was his least favorite Matrix movie, but he liked it.

It was...OK as a standalone movie. Felt like a Netflix Original or...more like an Amazon Original.
Or an extended Animatrix episode (remember those?). Fleshing out the original story line.
My youngest and I watched the Original trilogy (rewatch for me and first time for him)...and man, those were awesome. This was...not.
It was his least favorite Matrix movie, but he liked it.
Yes! That's it! It kept rattling around in my head that this seemed famaliar and you just unlocked that memory. It did seem like we were going into an Animatrix thing there for awhile.

Back