• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

MBL: Video makes fun of audiophiles

TitaniumTroy

Here is a link to a video for the MBL brand, it goes on a little long and the humor is rather dry but I like it. Also I have to say you get a lot of bling with their electronics, if you like that kind of thing. Personally I would just rather have the speakers, they are omni-directional and supposed to sound incredible.

While I realize this is video is not cheap to make, it would be cool if more Hi-Fi companies made videos in helping create a brand image. I mean besides Bose.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN0fkNp4WLs[/youtube]
:text-bravo:

Wow, that's a pretty wild looking rig...

TitaniumTroy said:
Here is a link to a video for the MBL brand, it goes on a little long and the humor is rather dry but I like it. Also I have to say you get a lot of bling with their electronics, if you like that kind of thing. Personally I would just rather have the speakers, they are omni-directional and supposed to sound incredible.

:

They're on sale. Sale price - $149,000.00

101 X-treme - Luxury Line

The mbl Flagship, the embodiment of thirty years of research and development. Unquestionably our most ambitious effort to date, each hand finished X-treme is a thing to behold, a sculptural device that benefits for classic Germany attention to detail, and obsession with perfection. This World-class loudspeaker uses three pulsating spheres (for bass, midrange, and high frequencies) as a starting point, MBL’s engineers and craftspeople employed carbon fiber, aluminum, steel, acrylic, and wood to create this massive four-tower speaker system. Every disc is a concert ticket to a live performance

· Four tower speaker- omni directional, 1.5 tons of Luxury
· Mirror-imaged Radialstrahler bass, midrange & tweeter array
· Massive standard alone bass tower includes internal balanced amplifier

The main tower holds a pair of mirror-imaged omnidirectional Radialstrahler driver arrays, supported by an armature of acrylic, steel, and wood, while the lacquered woofer columns house a quartet each of proprietary 12-inch bass drivers.

The entire array weighs in at 3600 pounds, and each 101 X-Treme requires 90 days to fabricate and calibrate, and a undergoes a series of rigorous tests before final release.

But reading about the 101X-Treme Reference System is one thing. Experiencing it is something else again. When it comes to recreating a musical event, any musical event—the 101X-Treme brings home the unbridled power of full symphony orchestra, the visceral wallop of a live rock or hip-hop concert, as well as the intimacy of a jazz trio or the delicacy of a solo flute. To call it extraordinary is an understatement.

Sale Price $149.000 - Brand new set, piano black available for immediate shipment, contact us at 480-563-4393 for details.

I just had the most hilarious phone conversation with my Mom.

Me: I found something you can get me for my birthday in a month.

Mom: What?

Me: A pair of new speakers.

Mom: OK put them on my credit card and get them for yourself.

Me: OK and just to make sure your card will handle a purchase of $149,000.00?

Mom: WHAT??? Oh hell no boy.

and this was an actual true conversation I had with Mom a few minutes ago. :laughing:

PaulyT said:
:laughing-rolling:

Huey said:
Funny Jeff, very funny! :happy-smileygiantred:

Thing that got me is she never even asked how much they were before saying to buy them, which is totally out of character for Mom.

On another note Pauly I know it was Liszt but didn't catch the name of the piece - do you know it?

Yeah, that is beautiful equipment. What do you think is sitting in that room....350K?

That explains how he obtained her....she's pretty hot.

jamhead said:
Yeah, that is beautiful equipment. What do you think is sitting in that room....350K?

That explains how he obtained her....she's pretty hot.

I'd say closer to 500K - the retail for the speakers alone is 263K when not on sale.

mzpro5 said:
On another note Pauly I know it was Liszt but didn't catch the name of the piece - do you know it?

Totentanz - :text-link:

I don't actually have that piece, sounds cool though! May have to pick up a recording...

On second thought I'll take the electronics too, but just have them in silver and chrome. That top loading cd player is sweet, good try with your mom Jeff you almost pulled it off.

I'm betting the $400,000.00 invested in gear sounds terrific in that room. :eek:bscene-buttred:

What a waste of money, although when you make that kind of bank the old fashion way, inheritance, who cares?

Rope

That's a pretty cool commercial though. I think there are a ton of people out there who have no idea what high fidelity truly means. Me being one of them. LOL..

Back