• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Mitsubishi TV problem?

Yesfan70

I'm famous now bitches! vvvvv
Famous
My buddy Kevin's TV is fixing to give up the ghost I think. It is an 8 year old Mitsubishi. The model number is WS-65511 and it is a 1080i RPTV. I think Deacon has this same TV (but maybe the Diamond version), so if you see this would love to know if your TV's still holding up.

I looked around and found this thread from another forum. It sounds like the same problem Kevin's having. (link)

If it is the convergence IC, is it a cheap fix by a repairman or will he have to go with a new set. He plans on buying a new TV, but wasn't looking to do that for another 2-3 years. Thoughts?

I used to own that same set... It was my first HD TV. Anywho... You can set the convergence on that set without having to call a repair man. As I recall there are Red and blue convergence settings in the user menu.

It's not that easy. The setting will hold for a few minutes, then the set goes back out of convergence. Unplugging for a few minutes, then replugging it does the same thing.

Seems to be a common problem after a few years. I found from various sites what the part numbers are and what all is involved for the repair. Guess he's going to have to shell out $200-$300 for the repair. What sucks is the part is about $30.

Ah... maybe I should have followed your link.

I don't think I'd spend $300 on a fixing an old set. But thats just me because I don't have confidence in repaired electronics.

Towen7 said:
Ah... maybe I should have followed your link.

I don't think I'd spend $300 on a fixing an old set. But thats just me because I don't have confidence in repaired electronics.

It's still cheaper than 40+" TV, but the two main reasons why I wouldn't spend that would be the TV's already 8 years old (which ain't too old) and it's a RPTV.

Trust me when I say that beast is heavy. He pressured me to help him move it to his living room (upstairs) one time and I swear I could feel my back flex to the point of breaking. That pretty much sped things up on me getting rid of the Pioneer I had. I know that was going to be a pain in the ass to move, so when my brother in law offered me some money for it, I just pretty much said it's yours if you can move it.

Makes me appreciate the flat screen a lot more.

I wouldn't spend that much to fix a TV that old no matter how good it was, unless I couldn't afford to replace it with a new one.

Towen7 said:
Agreed. If its out of warrantee I won't even try to fix electronics anymore... :snooty:

Back