• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Monoprice Monolith subwoofers

No idea, I did by a pair of the super cheap 10” subs from parts express for my garage and they have far surpassed my expectations, of course the pair costs less then half of what one of those bad boys do so I don’t even know why I’m writing this. Lol

No idea, I did by a pair of the super cheap 10” subs from parts express for my garage and they have far surpassed my expectations, of course the pair costs less then half of what one of those bad boys do so I don’t even know why I’m writing this. Lol
Are those the Dayton Audios?

Yep, didn’t want to spend a lot on a garage system so I went that route. They seriously are quite impressive for the price.

xgm3, i was curious, which svs sub did you get back then?

what are your opinions with the current sub you have?

lastly, i need to know if you got the 10 incher, and if it has a metal grill or a fabric one. i kinda need to protect my current subwoofer, an svs pb1000, but dont know how it might efficient it would be against any pointy object that a 2 year old can pole into.

I bought the SVS PB10-NSD back in 2006. I bought the Monolith 10 inch and I say it's worth the $500. The grill is fabric wrapped around MDF.

thank you sir, i appreciate the heads up.

too bad, i was hoping it would be an expensive excuse to get a new subwoofer, since the kid cant poke thru a metal grill. :D

does it really go down to 11hz? im curious how awesome edge of tomorrow wouldve sounded.

thank you sir, i appreciate the heads up.

too bad, i was hoping it would be an expensive excuse to get a new subwoofer, since the kid cant poke thru a metal grill. :D

does it really go down to 11hz? im curious how awesome edge of tomorrow wouldve sounded.
If you're able to afford it I would go with a down firing power sound audio sub.

If you're able to afford it I would go with a down firing power sound audio sub.
That's VERY good advice for such situations!

Fortunately my kids never messed with the sub, dunno if they realize even now that there's a speaker under the grille. But I did have a number of pushed in dust caps on the main speakers over the years. Fortunately they're the flexible type so I was able to pop them back out easily enough.

thanks bud.

i thought about it, but i have to work on what i have right now. id love a psa, but at this point in time, like many, i've hung up my apron and retired somewhat on the audio end.

bluetooth speakers? sure? bose soundsport headphones? why not.

my living situations have evolved, my somewhat set standards have been dialed down to acceptable.

i wish i could find a decent soundbar to fulfill my needs, but its annoying because my LG SJ9 cannot do what i want it to do.

thanks bud.

i thought about it, but i have to work on what i have right now. id love a psa, but at this point in time, like many, i've hung up my apron and retired somewhat on the audio end.

bluetooth speakers? sure? bose soundsport headphones? why not.

my living situations have evolved, my somewhat set standards have been dialed down to acceptable.

i wish i could find a decent soundbar to fulfill my needs, but its annoying because my LG SJ9 cannot do what i want it to do.

Paging @Flint ...

$125 off of a Monolith sub right now. Just spend $500 and use code SUPER125

Looks like a great deal on a solid sub for $382 shipped.

Attachments

• 59E4BCC8-95CF-43E6-B908-B22B93002A76.jpeg
    59E4BCC8-95CF-43E6-B908-B22B93002A76.jpeg
    51.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Back