• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

More Schiit

Cool, but seems awfully powerful for a headphone amp... Have you heard any of this company's amps, Dane?

PaulyT said:
Cool, but seems awfully powerful for a headphone amp... Have you heard any of this company's amps, Dane?

I haven't heard any of the 2 amps ( one tube, one SS) that these guys have available. Read who they are. It's no bullschiit. :laughing-rolling:

I'm gonna to get me some of that there hybrid Schiit! :music-listening:

Rope

I'm actually very tempted to buy one since these guys have already produced 2 great amps considering the price. I would sell my Woo Audio 3 which is 5 years old. With this new amp, I'd have a new 5 year warranty.

I'm still thinking about this idea.

The first production run of the Schiit LYR started shipping February 25, 2011. There should be a number of user reviews on Head-Fi shorty. I'm hoping they're all Kudos.

Rope

Ok, I'm afraid, but not sure why I'm afraid.

Headphone Impedance: 8-600 ohms
Gain: 10 (20 dB)
Frequency Response: 2Hz-200KHz, -3dB
Maximum Output: 40V P-P into 32 ohms (6 watts RMS)
THD: Less than 0.1%, 20Hz-20KHz, at 1V
Topology: Dynamically Adaptive Dual-Mode Class A, zero feedback, noninverting, hybrid tube/MOSFET, single voltage gain stage, DC-coupled input and output
Tube Complement: ECC88 dual triode, 1 per channel (rollable to all 6922/6DJ8/ECC88 types)
Power Consumption: 30W
Size: 9 x 6.75 x 3.25”
Weight: 7 lbs

Rope

umm, because there's a tiny sniper rifle just behind those black shutters that LOOK like part of a vacuum tube.

GreatDane said:
umm, because there's a tiny sniper rifle just behind those black shutters that LOOK like part of a vacuum tube.

It isn't obvious from the photo, but the tube is almost 7" tall and 2" in diameter. Its actually one of the lowest powered transmitter tubes; some of them are more like a couple feet tall and run on thousands of volts. No lie, people make audio amps out of these things.

Get some of these to keep them cool:
wind_turbine.jpg

:teasing-neener:

While reading a couple of early impression threads at Head-fi, it appears the LYR dishes out a lot of Schiit. So much Schiit, it tends to drive cattle, and herd cats.

Rope

Botch said:
Get some of these to keep them cool:
wind_turbine.jpg

:teasing-neener:

Cool or did you also get to supply the power to run that beast.

When Pauly posted the pictures of the visit to the TV museum in Bowie Maryland his daughter was modeling for us in front of a transmitter tube.

Furman sells a headphone amp around 20 watts. Meant for distribution in a recording session to multiple headphones at one time. I run a DOD 6 headphone output for some fun with bands.

Back