• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Moving from Directv and Cable

sonarr.... going to have to google that later... thanks haywood.

too bad all these options wont give me what I want on a daily basis. my local news. and I know the solution really, which I already invested in - OTA service with a hard drive attached to record it. it works, but I kinda got spoiled with the ease of a recorder. another main reason im worried is if I go internet only, I might hit the 1TB internet use (I hit 100g the other day, in ONE day). yes its not close to a terabyte, but still a bit cautious.

What I hate about CBS All Access is they limit the timeframe that old episodes are on the service. I signed up, watched a few shows, then started binge watching the previous season of "Elementary". After about half the season was viewed, I got a little burned out on that one show, so I watched other stuff. After about two weeks I was ready to get back into Elementary so I could start watching the current season and have some idea of the larger story arch. That was when I discovered they had removed the entire 2015-2016 season of Elementary from the service and I would have to pay to see it on Amazon - the only place I could find it. So now I don't want to watch the current season until I can get through the old ones, so I am likely to never see this show again until it is classic material and about two or three years old and free on all the services.

I am pretty angry about that. The name of the service is "All Access" and not everything is on the service AND older shows are not all on the service. I find that very aggravating.

A few shows they have the full catalog but I agree with you. Big Bang Theory is one I wish they had all seasons of.
All past seasons of Elementary are available on Hulu if you subscribe to that but they do not carry the current season.

I like quite a few CBS shows and unlike the other major networks CBS does not offer much on Hulu probably to get revenue from All Access. The other networks offer most of their current catalog on Hulu (day delay)

CBS does not offer much on Hulu probably to get revenue from All Access.

So frustrating. We need a unified platform that offers on-demand acess to a large groups of channels.

Or

A service that aggregates all the aggregation services.

Or

A service that aggregates all the aggregation services.

I swear that I didn't know about AppleTV's soon to be released app (creatively named TV) which promises to be a unified hub for video content across multiple apps. The promise is that a user can tell Siri that they want to watch a show or movie that the TV app will know which app you have installled has that show or movie and will navigate to it.

I swear that I didn't know about AppleTV's soon to be released app (creatively named TV) which promises to be a unified hub for video content across multiple apps. The promise is that a user can tell Siri that they want to watch a show or movie that the TV app will know which app you have installled has that show or movie and will navigate to it.

Roku has a similar feature already, as does Android TV. It is called aggregated search. The nice thing about the Roku version is that it lists all of the places you can watch it along with the price. That way, you don't get shunted into a pay service when you could watch it for free and you can also price shop PPV options.

Back