• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

MP3 To Vinyl

Zing

Retired Admin
Superstar
Vinyl Recorder, a small company based in Germany, has created a machine that carves MP3s into vinyl, thereby marrying audio's future with its past.

After setting up the machine and learning its ropes, you can transfer any MP3 in your possession onto your own personal mix-tape-on-vinyl.

But why go through the trouble if you love digital? Wesley Wolfe, Vinyl Recorder’s representative in the United States, explained that, with vinyl’s resurgence in recent years, music listeners -- and not just audiophiles -- are rediscovering vinyl’s quintessential "warm" sound.

Digital files, he said, have laddered sound waves. But when you transfer MP3s onto vinyl using Vinyl Recorder’s machine, the sound waves are smoothed out. The result, Wolfe said, is a so-called audio “sweet spot” only achieved on vinyl.

:text-link:

Discuss.

Dr. AIX would have a field day with that one! :laughing-rolling:

Ummm ... yeah. Especially coming from an MP3. Well... at least they have smooth garbage. :laughing:

I wonder how many vinyl fans are running their turntables through modern digital preamps/receivers? That is, what point is it to have the analog "smoothness" of vinyl (or cassette or reel-to-reel or whatever your favorite vintage medium), only to "re-ladder" it by putting it through digital processing. There's maybe something to be said for a pure analog system, from needle to speaker, but I'd say that's pretty rare these days even among that crowd.

I prefer wax cylinders.

The ultimate in "tube" fidelity!!

Jeff

I work with an 80 year old volunteer whose having me hook up her TV to a simple stereo system. My payment. Hundreds of vinyl records she no longer has a need for. Just need a record player now. Some great classics and old rock and roll albums in her collection.

Matthew, in an effort to help you save money, just send them to me as I currently have a decent turntable and not much on vinyl.

^ you see.................you want his vinyl and I offer to send him a turntable........(if he pays shipping of course) :happy-smileygiantred:

:shifty: I just happened to recently run out of clay pigeons and I have an itchy trigger finger........ I could really use them there discs

Heeman sent you a PM. Would love to send you a check for shipping costs. Thanks buddy.

Huey said:
MatthewB said:
Btw she has all the Beatles including the rare "Butcher" album.

What is the Butcher album?
It should be blatantly obvious to you why it's referred to as the butcher album. :eusa-whistle:

image_beatles_butcher_album_cover.jpg

Yes, I can see that now, and seeing the pic, reminded me about the album. That was a UK release only, right?

CMonster said:
^US only. Here's the wikipedia link. I used to be a pretty big Beatle-maniac when I was younger, like junior high, but had forgotten all about that album.

I knew it was one place or another. Thanks Cmonster.

Can you imagine the outrage and backlash if a band today used that concept? :scared-eek:

Eh, I would guess their motivation was the same as it would be today - shock sells.

Zing said:
Can you imagine the outrage and backlash if a band today used that concept? :scared-eek:

You have heard of and seen Lady GaGa right? :teasing-tease:

Wanted to give a big thanks to Heeman he's shipping me out a very nice turntable next week. Now I just need those records.

I owe you a drink at the next gtg Keith.

Back