• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Music and Audio: A User Guide to Better Sound

PaulyT

Behind the Curtain
Staff member
Administrator
Superstar
Might interest some folks...

Mark Waldrep - "Dr. AIX," owner and engineer of AIX Records - is doing a kickstarter campaign for a new book. His description: "A no nonsense book on music & audio and Blu-ray disc provides everything you need to know to improve the fidelity of your music system."

:text-link:

565782fff4318e5279679779f39946c8_original.jpg

I've been following his blog for a while, and have quite a few AIX Records recordings (which are excellent). I'll be ordering a copy of the book.

Was going to post this myself, Pauly; thank you! :text-thankyoublue:

The bluray disk that comes with the package may be of interest at the next GTG. :music-listening:

Until the $25,000 pledge is fulfilled by end of Oct, the project will begin, right ?
Then the book, bluray, USB, etc will be available ?
I'd like for me & my son to understand the difference of hi-rez audio.

The project will officially be a go if the $25k is pledged within a month or so - it's already up to almost $18k after just a couple days, so I'm guessing it'll happen. If funded, they say it'll be released in May 2016.

I got an email from Kickstarter this morning, he's met the $25K already; congrats to Dr. Waldrep! :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

Please let us know when that Bluray & book is avalible. I keep forgetting about Dr Waldrep's site (have it bookmarked now). Botch reminded me when he posted about the new Beatles recordings.

Barney, if you contribute now, before the set is available, you get them at a discount, and an extra goodie or two; plus if he hits $50K all us contributors get an extra goodie too (see, there was a selfish motive!) :happy-smileygiantred:

:text-bump:

Forgot about this thread. Botch & Pauly, are ya'll still following this guy & his work ?

I still get his daily blog, which lost its "daily" rating awhile back (I know from personal experience that writing a book is a massive undertaking (insert an "Amen" from Jeff here)). He's getting it ready, can't remember the latest expected release date. Would be cool to get the DVD before the BatTG.

Yeah I get updates now and then, he's working on it, some time this summer I expect.

FYI, because of Dr. Waldrep's outspoken nature about audiophoolery. As in the value or lack of, in expensive audio cables/interconnects and other subjects sacred to the audio industry. He has been blacklisted by a lot of the main stream audio press. Or so I have read on some of the forums.
Thanks for the post Botch.

Yeah, he and most of us know that. Same thing is done by anti-vaccers, climate deniers, religions, and a couple diet programs.

Oh, and this is Pauly's post, but I am collecting donations for the "Waldrep Truth Foundation" for Pauly; small bills preferable.

Well in case anyone still cares, and in case any of the info in this book is still relevant a few years later... I finally got my copy of Waldrep's book. Haven't had a chance to look in detail yet, or listen to the accompanying BD audio disc. Just wanna say though, the pic in the OP of this thread is deceiving - the book is a least TWICE as thick as that, it's a major tome. No wonder it took so long to write...

Well AXPONA is coming up in April, so when you have gotten through that audio version of War and Peace. I would be interested in your thoughts, and if you have any questions. I'll pass them on to Mr. Waldrep at the show.

Back