• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Music So Bad That...

D

Deleted member 133

... I simply tossed it in the garbage.

So today I dropped by my local library branch at which I have scored innumerable deals on used CDs and books. What caught my eye today was a five (5) CD box set of Volumes I-V of Conlon Nancarrow's Studies for Player Piano.

Who you ask? So did I.

So I skimmed through the CDs' booklets and was somewhat intrigued. And, I thought, for $5 how could I go wrong?

Bad assumption!

First off I missed the word "player" in the album title. We ain't talking Concert Grand sound here folks!

And secondly, these "original" compositions are... pure dreck, putrid, horrible, non-musical.

After a few minutes of trying to find even a snippet of one track that had any (and I mean ANY!) listening appeal I gave up.

My first inclination was to take it back to the library tomorrow and put it into the donation bin. Actually, that's a lie. My first thought was to toss the whole thing in the garbage. THEN I thought donation. But then, no, that made me feel guilty; that they'd just put another $5 sticker on it and another dumbass schmuck would be out a fin and cursing whoever donated this crap (as I have come around to thinking.)

So for the first time ever that I can recall, I have taken a near-pristine box set of CDs and dumped them in the garbage, where they can never ever disappoint anyone again.

Jeff

Back