• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Must Have's

heeman

PRETTY HAPPY.........
Famous
Okay Guys, now that I have finally caught up to you and own a Blu-Ray Player.

Can we compile a list of must haves on BD?

I looked throught this Blu-Ray section and could not find a list like this.

I already have:

Tron Legacy
Dispciable Me
U-571
Rush - Time Machine 2011 Live

Hmmm... here's a few off the top of my head:

Baraka
Cars
Batman Begins / Dark Knight

I just ordered The Lord of the Rings extended editions and the Ultimate Matrix Collection on Blu. Are they reference demo discs? Don't know, but I do like those movies enough to own them.

Might have to go back and add that Rush disc. I can't believe I forgot that one.

Right now my favorite demo bluray discs are...

Despicable Me
Tron Legacy
Thor
Cars
Alice In Wonderland
Band of Brothers
Toy Story 3
TDK

Strictly Eye Candy (with good audio)

51IL9qe8r3L.jpg

38e2923f8da089dd4943b010.L.jpg

51ylieHgwjL.jpg

71j369O%2BctL.jpg

51H1RixKsTL.jpg

More to come....

Rope

Yesfan70 said:
Yesfan70 said:
.......Might have to go back and add that Rush disc. I can't believe I forgot that one.

PRE-ORDERED!!

Hum.................Best Buy had it 2 weekends ago??? Maybe they had a pre-release deal. Included in the BD was a RASH T-Shirt. No spelling error here.....If you have not seen the concert yet, you will understand when you see it!

heeman said:
Yesfan70 said:
Yesfan70 said:
.......Might have to go back and add that Rush disc. I can't believe I forgot that one.

PRE-ORDERED!!

Hum.................Best Buy had it 2 weekends ago??? Maybe they had a pre-release deal. Included in the BD was a RASH T-Shirt. No spelling error here.....If you have not seen the concert yet, you will understand when you see it!

I thought I also saw the Bluray on Amazon a couple of weeks ago too. All I saw was the DVD when I ordered. The Pre-order for Bluray is set for December 20th. I bet what you saw was some sort of promotional thing that was available for only a short time which probably included the Rash shirt (which I would love to have).

PRE-ORDERED!![/quote]

Hum.................Best Buy had it 2 weekends ago??? Maybe they had a pre-release deal. Included in the BD was a RASH T-Shirt. No spelling error here.....If you have not seen the concert yet, you will understand when you see it![/quote]

I thought I also saw the Bluray on Amazon a couple of weeks ago too. All I saw was the DVD when I ordered. The Pre-order for Bluray is set for December 20th. I bet what you saw was some sort of promotional thing that was available for only a short time which probably included the Rash shirt (which I would love to have).[/quote]

Our BB here still has stock on the BD and it is awesome compared to their last couple of concerts.

Blue Man Group
k d lang Live in London
Coraline
Iron Man
Peter Gabriel and the New Blood Orchestra

Halloween (Carpenters)
Dawn of the Dead (Romeros)
Blade Runner
Dog Soldiers (the pic quality of the dvd is shit)
Evil Dead II (part one does not benefit from the transfer IMO)
Fifth Element (pure eye candy)
ALIENS (sound and pic greatly improved on blu)
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (remake)
Star Trek (new one)

My "Must Have's" include:

Tron: Legacy
Wall-E (and pretty much any other Pixar flick for that matter)
Toy Story 3
Despicable Me
How To Train Your Dragon
Kick-Ass
Iron Man
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
Inception

Batman said:
My "Must Have's" include:

Tron: Legacy
Wall-E (and pretty much any other Pixar flick for that matter)
Toy Story 3
Despicable Me
How To Train Your Dragon
Kick-Ass
Iron Man
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
Inception

We actually bought and watch Batman Begins and The Dark Knight and watch both of them over the Thanksgiving Weekend, both were AWESOME!!

^ Yeah I would've loved those two movies EVEN if I weren't a Batman fanboi..... :happy-smileygiantred:

I'm going to give my list as concisely as possible:

Pixar - Any/all of them (The Incredibles is probably at the top for me)
How to Train Your Dragon
Despicable Me
Pirates of the Carribean - Any/all of them
Star Wars - Any/all of them (though the most recent ones probably a bit moreso for demo material)
LOTR
The Marvel Comic Movies - Any/all of them
The Matrix - Any/all of them
The Fifth Element - Particularly for the visuals though be sure you get new/re-released version.
The new Batman movies

That should get a collection started.

John

Sorry. Those so obiously didn't count I didn't consider them. Anyone who knows anything about this stuff would also assume those weren't on the A list.

Seriously, though...I should have said the Marvel movies leading into/associated with the Avengers. So, everybody that bought those piles in the past 30 minutes please accept my apologies and return them.

John

Back