• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

My corrugate speakers

Wardsweb

Renaissance man
Here is a little something I built this week. The pyramid speakers are made from 500 pound test triple wall corrugate. I fitted them with Vifa A10CC-07 (made for M&K) two way drivers and some old Pioneer transducers I had laying around for the last 20 years. All in all not a bad speaker. I still need to play around with the crossover to dial them in.

By the way, I picked up the Vifa for $5 a piece from deepsurplus.com

Vifa_A10CC07.jpg

Oooooh, Wardsweb goes art deco! :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

Maximo said:
What is triple walll corrugate and I only see the driver and not the transducer?
It is called corrugat in the industry and cardboard for most everyone else. Here is a quick run down.

cardboard.jpg

-B- said:
That's damn cool!
Agreed, and a cool inexpensive way to experiment with different cabinet designs/sizes.

I was really into model airplanes as a kid, both R/C and C/L, and started making them out of corrugated cardboard, it was all I could afford; when they fell apart after being saturated with gas, grab a razor knife and make another one!
O/T, but thanks for bringing a smile to my face this morning. :text-thankyoublue:

That is hellacool!!!

I am trying to build a fiberglass speaker enclosure for the helm of my boat and I have been using cardboard, errr I mean corrugate, for the templates. I also used corrugate for the prototypes of the sub boxes. Which I have completed now just need to get them built.

My $10 3-way crossovers came in from Parts Express, so they are done. It is amazing how good they sound. Again it proves you don't have to spend a ton of money to have decent sound...but it doesn't hurt. :D

stand11.jpg

I really was surprised how well they turned out. I wasn't expecting much more than having some fun, but they sound really good. They image well, have good bass, a nice mid and top end sizzle. No they can't compete with $10,000 speakers but were never meant to do so. I'll keep these around just to show people how good a little money can sound.

Heck, since they're already "boxed" just scribble Bat's address on the side and mail them to the GTG! :laughing:

Plus, based solely on the pictures, they look pretty darn good too. Fun to have stuff that buck's the trends. Low dollar speakers that perform well are a good thing.

Back