• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Neal Morse Band working on new album

Flint

Prodigal Son
Superstar
I see on Facebook that Neal Morse Band has been working on a new album, which his exciting to me as few bands have the consistent quality of musicianship and songwriting as these guys.

Wow!!! These guys haven't even started tracking the new Neal Morse Band album! They got together in early January 2018, and they are just now finalizing the arrangements of the writing they've been doing this whole time. I cannot wait to hear this thing.

Here's what Mike Portnoy has to say about the current status of the project:

“We’re all wondering ourselves as well. We pretty much wrote the entire album back in January when we got together. It’s very much in the style of Solo Scriptura or Bridge Across Forever, it’s long songs. I think it’s an amazing album but the honest answer is we’re still doing some tweaking to the arrangements. Neal had some ideas that he wanted to incorporate so now we’re doing some rearranging to what we had written. We could have recorded the album as is and it would still have been amazing but Neal’s got some inspiration that we’re kind of injecting into what we currently have. So we’re still in the kind of rearranging mode and once we get that to where we’re all happy, we’ll begin the tracking and you know we’ll see where the timeline puts us. But I would assume we should have something out by the end of this year or early next year and as much touring as we can to follow.”

Back