• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Need help finding IEM's

Matt just be careful on sound levels okay buddy, you still at that age where your hearing is at it's optimum and having those directly in ears can be harmful if played too loud. Look forward to you hearing me next time we battle zombies onscreen.

next time we have a GTG I will have to make sure that I dont get a job to work and bring out the DoD headphone amp X 6 output. and the Behringer 4600 X 4 headphones. That way we can pass them around on one source.

If someone is going to be using IEMs with, say, an iPad, what's an ideal impedence? Would you want the lowest or highest impedence possible?

Zing said:
If someone is going to be using IEMs with, say, an iPad, what's an ideal impedence? Would you want the lowest or highest impedence possible?

I'm using Klipsch Image S4 (18 ohms impedance) with my Acer A500 pad. Good clean warm sound with enough dBs to make ears bleed. I haven't looked at Ohm specs for a lot of IEM's, but willing to wager they're all pretty close, and you shouldn't have issue regardless of which you might choose.

Rope

They seem to range from 16 to 64 ohms. I gotta believe there'd be a drastic difference between the two extremes.

What is the output kilovolt spec on the iPad? The other issue would be sensitivity, or efficency of the IEMs, in conjunction with the iPad. It would seem counter productive for a IEM manufacturer to offer an IEM that needed a headphone amplifier to correctly power their product. Impedance is only a part of the story, the efficency, or sensitivity is the other half.

Rope

Any IEM will work fine but some are more power hungry. Finding the IEM that has your "sound" is top priority.

I still amp all of my IEMs because the SQ increases but not because my DAPs can't drive them loud enough.

Back