• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Need Help with my BDP 360 blu ray player

Rickster

Hey guys, nice to see you all are still around. Anyway I am having a strange problem with this player. I cannot navigate any menu functions. I thought the remote was bad even though it would still function to turn the unit on and fast forward thru the previews so I went and bought a cheap universal remote which does the same thing. When I get to the movie menu the cursor is on the play movie icon but when I hit enter nothing happens and I cannot move the cursor to other functions such as audio, extras,etc.. NOTE- the same problem happens with the player's menu also, cannot navigate to say the setup icons,etc.

What could possibly be causing this? I wish the damn thing had an enter button on the unit itself instead of having to relay soley on the remote.

EDIT: I have tried unplugging it for a few minutes to see if it would reset but no such luck

No, Do you think outdated software could cause something like this? This is not a wi fi capable machine so I would have to burn a disk and install updates that way. I suppose that will be my next step just seems strange that it worked fine one day and the next not.

What Max said!

Updating the players firmware is a good starting point. It becomes a process of elimination.

Rope

OK I will have to give the updates a try and see what happens. I will report back with results.. Hey guys, thanks alot for taking the time to respond.

another thing to consider is some blu-rays depend on the optional sd card to 'speed up' the process.

did you plug in a sd card into the player by chance?

what movie is it by the way?

No SD card installed. Never had a problem in the 2 years I've been using it. This problem seems to happen with any movie I throw at it. I have tried the grey, contraband and safe house.

Well, it looks like I'm screwed. I cannot perfom the firmware update because I cannot click the OK button to start the installation. Looks like this thing is now a paperweight. :angry-cussingblack:

The only thing I can think, is that your player needs to be reset to its factory settings. The only thing I could find is to press and hold the stop button on the player, which sets it back to its lowest resolution. I would think this would only work if you are hooked up via hdmi and a glitch is causing a problem. Hope you can get it working.

Rickster said:
Well, it looks like I'm screwed. I cannot perfom the firmware update because I cannot click the OK button to start the installation. Looks like this thing is now a paperweight. :angry-cussingblack:

sorry to hear about that rickster, maybe consider what huey mentioned. i think it might be a javascript error at this point or something.

keep us posted buddy.

Huey said:
The only thing I can think, is that your player needs to be reset to its factory settings. The only thing I could find is to press and hold the stop button on the player, which sets it back to its lowest resolution. I would think this would only work if you are hooked up via hdmi and a glitch is causing a problem. Hope you can get it working.

I will have to try this

Rickster said:
Huey said:

I will have to try this

Forgot to add, that you need to hold for 15 seconds.

Well for some unknown reason the player started working again and I tried to update firmware via disk. The update ran but when it finished it gave me an error message VUP NG so I ran it again with the same result. Looks like possibly a bad burn or disk. I will have to burn another one and try again but at least the damn thing is working...for now.

Rickster said:
Well for some unknown reason the player started working again and I tried to update firmware via disk. The update ran but when it finished it gave me an error message VUP NG so I ran it again with the same result. Looks like possibly a bad burn or disk. I will have to burn another one and try again but at least the damn thing is working...for now.
Can you use a USB drive instead of a disc.

Though I don't have a Sony updates on my player seem to work better with a thumb drive instead of a disc.

mzpro5 said:
Rickster said:
Can you use a USB drive instead of a disc.

Though I don't have a Sony updates on my player seem to work better with a thumb drive instead of a disc.

Not sure if that can be done. Nothing I've seen mentions using a thumb drive.

Back