• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Need Help with my BDP 360 blu ray player

You should be able to use a thumb drive to update the player (the easiest way is to just plug it into your network and let it update over the net). As for the "OK" button not working, it sounds like a button, or buttons, may be stuck on the player/remote (most likely the player as the remote's batteries would have died). For example, sometimes the "Play" button on the front can do some of the same functions as the "Select" button on the remote. If the play button is always down you may not be able to perform some of the tasks.

I hope you get it working because this really is a good BD player.

John

yromj said:
You should be able to use a thumb drive to update the player (the easiest way is to just plug it into your network and let it update over the net). As for the "OK" button not working, it sounds like a button, or buttons, may be stuck on the player/remote (most likely the player as the remote's batteries would have died). For example, sometimes the "Play" button on the front can do some of the same functions as the "Select" button on the remote. If the play button is always down you may not be able to perform some of the tasks.

I hope you get it working because this really is a good BD player.

John

I have not performed the update yet because I have to drag the thing upstairs to plug into the network but it is working fine for now. I'm sorta scared to mess with now that its working but I know I need to because I have never updated the firmware. I know it is not a remote issue because it had the same problem with the universal remote I was using.

If a button the original remote was stuck, w/ a charged battery, then it could behave the same w/ the universal remote because it's still receiving the command from the other remote, too. However, this doesn't seem likely. I doubt the firmware update will correct this issue, whatever it is, though.

John

Just to update this situation. I have not done the firmware update and it is still working without any problems.. Weird but I will leave well enough alone.

Rickster said:
Just to update this situation. I have not done the firmware update and it is still working without any problems.. Weird but I will leave well enough alone.
Good. You know what they say "if it ain't broke (now) don't fix it (until it does break)". :happy-smileygiantred:

Back