• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Need new 65 inch tv.

jomari

War Never Changes
Famous
the only requirements i have is that it has to be
-low latency for my gaming.
-better contrast than my other one
-smart

TCL 6 series per Haywood,

LG Q series too.

i still have to look...

I havent kept up so I dont know shit anout it but I was reading up on the LG OLED's if that is in the budget. They are supposed to be really good.

I havent kept up so I dont know shit anout it but I was reading up on the LG OLED's if that is in the budget. They are supposed to be really good.
I have a 10-yr-old 47" LG, not OLED nor even 4K, but it does have local dimming, and fine for my tired eyes. If/when it burns out before I do, I'll be getting an OLED. Examining side-by-sides between 4K and what I had, in Best Buy, I could only see the difference from about two feet away; the OLED difference I could see from all the way across the store. Amazing.
Joms, is your main TV in a room with windows? Some TVs have highly-reflective surfaces (notably Samsung) while some are matte (like my LG); something to look for (and its not in the specs usually).

The TCL 6 Series is not the best set on the market, but it is the best bargain. You have to at least double the price to get a noticeable improvement.

i wish it didnt have the panel lottery tho.

i was leaning towards getting the sony x900h for its contrast and its latency, but its also 1400.

i am rethinking my strategy right now. heck even the hisense for 400 bucks today is appealing, despite 70 inches and might not fit my table.

i wish it didnt have the panel lottery tho.

i was leaning towards getting the sony x900h for its contrast and its latency, but its also 1400.

i am rethinking my strategy right now. heck even the hisense for 400 bucks today is appealing, despite 70 inches and might not fit my table.

The Sony sets are outstanding and definitely a step up over the TCL. If it were for my main rig, I would definitely spend the money.

Well crap. All of the sudden the picture on my old LG flickers and is replaced by the same block/static pattern, and the sound drops out for about 10 seconds. Its now doing this every 6, 7 minutes. I might be buying a new TV soon, too (after paying for a new cooktop, range hood, tree removal, and fence this year...)

Somehow, Jomari, this is your fault! :veryangry:

;)

Geez, people's TVs are dying here all of a sudden!

Maybe if I can convince that Vizio in our great room to go I can upgrade...

Well crap. All of the sudden the picture on my old LG flickers and is replaced by the same block/static pattern, and the sound drops out for about 10 seconds. Its now doing this every 6, 7 minutes. I might be buying a new TV soon, too (after paying for a new cooktop, range hood, tree removal, and fence this year...)

Somehow, Jomari, this is your fault! :veryangry:

;)
sorry buddy. mine at least is physically present, i mean, i can explain why its happening. but my wife is sort of saying that it must be when we moved, or that time has made it suddenly bend or something. i cant make this stuff up. even if it clearly looks like a spider crack showing the source of impact, its apparently from 'bending'.

i had to measure the van. we COULDVE gotten the hisense 70 incher right now for 400 bucks, but it wont fit my van. at least with two car seats, its just too tall.

i really want to get the sony.

wife saw it was going to go on sale for black friday, at 999.00. that sounds good to me, but im more of a i'd rather buy it now, then price adjust it. but she said it doesnt apply during black friday. is that correct?

got the tv yesterday after we bought it via black friday sale, got it for 1k plus a 25 dollar coupon we had handy.

waited in line for a while, but once i got there it was great.

took it home, set it up amdn man, the blacks on this tv, contrast even seems too much!

super deep blacks, and amazing color.

i DO miss a bit of pop from it, which samsung kinda got me spoiled on. but i love how good this panel is.

when we had the LG the edge lit dimming made Aquaman (the scene where the tsunami came in), the light would be coming in from top to bottom in vertical lines. it was unbearable i had to turn off the HDR10 settings on my LG

this one, was man... a bit of crushing, but super duper awesome. i really hope it stays that way. if not, well, buying another mid priced tv.

screw saving, life is indeed too short.

awesome! the 70t series were a contender in my case. i really wish i could go 70 or 75 but the fireplace is only so big. if i had it bigger, it would be sticking out towards the wall/sliding door area. and that oddness would freak me out.

towen you lucky to need those for work.

got the tv yesterday after we bought it via black friday sale, got it for 1k plus a 25 dollar coupon we had handy.

waited in line for a while, but once i got there it was great.

took it home, set it up amdn man, the blacks on this tv, contrast even seems too much!

super deep blacks, and amazing color.

i DO miss a bit of pop from it, which samsung kinda got me spoiled on. but i love how good this panel is.

when we had the LG the edge lit dimming made Aquaman (the scene where the tsunami came in), the light would be coming in from top to bottom in vertical lines. it was unbearable i had to turn off the HDR10 settings on my LG

this one, was man... a bit of crushing, but super duper awesome. i really hope it stays that way. if not, well, buying another mid priced tv.

screw saving, life is indeed too short.

I have an X940, which was the 2015 flagship, it still looks amazing and I hope to get another five years out of it. The new ones look even better at half the price.

maybe my reaction to getting one is overblown, but i guess its because i am 'used' to little to no contrast detail. i have a PJ and i kinda got used to it being super bright, but blacks being 'grey'.

and then my LG has local dimming, but is edge lit, so when i see something, it sucks because the whole vertical 'strip' lights up.

this one shows no signs of that, its a bit crushed, but im still calibrating it. or maybe its just that good.

overreacting to good quality i guess.

i wonder how i'd react to eating a medium rare steak.

awesome! the 70t series were a contender in my case. i really wish i could go 70 or 75 but the fireplace is only so big. if i had it bigger, it would be sticking out towards the wall/sliding door area. and that oddness would freak me out.

towen you lucky to need those for work.

Fireplaces suck! :gross:

I am much happier now with my fireplace then I once was, but it is still in the way and it made my last display upgrade WAY more expensive thyen it should have been and a hell of a lot harder.

Back